Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayleesmommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 12:27 AM
    Single mother wanting to take 10 month old daughter out of state for a month
    I am a single mother who has joint custody of my 10 month old daughter it is not court ordered but she has lived with me only since she was born her dad pays child support and sees her for a few hours once a week, so I pretty much have full custody just not through the courts. I would like my daughter to visit my family with me in Arizona and we are from California for a month or so while her dad stays in California and he thinks he can file abondonment on me for taking her away from him for a month but I have raised her on my own and it really only is like 20 hours that he misses out on in a month since that is all he really sees her. I told him I was going there through phone conversation and he said OK have fun, then to have proof I sent him a text and he said OK that way also, but now he says he will file abondonment if I leave. I have already made plans and my grandma will have to pay a lot on a plane ticket if I don't go because I am her ride back home and its not right for him to stop my family from seeing her is it?
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jan 3, 2008, 12:40 AM
    Talk to your lawyer. See what he/she says about it. Honestly I think this is your ex's way of trying to punish you by using the child against you. And be very careful. If he's pulling that, you never know what else he might do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I feed my 9 month old daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if I can give my 9 month old regular vitamin d milk instead of formula?

Breaking a month to month lease that was signed 2 days ago. [ 1 Answers ]

Would I Be Able To Collect Back Money Paid To A Lessor For Security Deposit And 1st Months Rent If Apartment Is Not In A Sanitary And Safe Condition And the Lease Was Signed 2 Days Ago And Never Moved Into The Apartment And The Lease Is Month To Month

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice) [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?

Delaware month to month tenant notification of moving out [ 2 Answers ]

Information on the Delaware notification of intent to vacate premises for month to month Tenants. Property management office states you need to give them sixty day notice And then I heard you only have to get a 30 day notice which is it. :confused: royal

View more questions Search