Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youtooqt Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2005, 11:15 PM
    Can wearing a barette damage my hair?
    Hi, I have thick, wavy, sometimes oily hair and I'm having a hard time taking care of it. A lot of times when I let it dry naturally it frizzes out and looks awful even if I put product in it, but when I try to blow-dry it, I feel like I'm damaging it even more with heat styling. I've noticed a lot of hairs that stick from my scalp and they look as if they've been broken in half. I wonder if this could be caused by the barette I put on my hair to keep it off my face at night while I sleep? Maybe it pullson my hair and ends up breaking it? I'm running out of ideas on how to handle it, and hope someone could give me advice? Thanks a lot
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 30, 2005, 11:47 PM
    You will need to use a deep conditioning treatment, it will repair dull unhealthy looking hair, and restoring balance to the scalp and hair follicles. Also, you should consider using a leave in conditioner whenever you wash your hair.

When blow-drying your hair, force the air in the direction of your hair growth so you don't disturb the cuticle.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Dec 31, 2005, 06:35 AM
    I also have naturally very thick wavey hair. And my hair is very proned to frizzing out. What I did that helped immensley is wash my hair with shampoo and a deep fortifying conditioner everyother day and the days in between only condition the ends of my hair. It actually helped. My hair is much more sleeker than before. But like pretty said, I agree you should also try and use a leave in conditioner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How bad do products like ColorZap damage hair. [ 18 Answers ]

I had a really nice light brown color in my hair but it started to take on this orangy tone, so a thought I'd refresh it. I chose a brand I had never used before. It was supposed to be a "light natural brown" but it turned my hair a sort of jet black. IT'S AWFUL and I HATE it. My hair is naturally...

Little help please! Criminal damage case [ 3 Answers ]

If criminal damage to property occurs to a vehicle driven by a man whose wife holds title and registration to the vehicle and someone is indicted for damaging the property of the man, even though he has no title or legal claim to the vehicle is named solely in the indictment as the property owner,...

Damage and loss. [ 2 Answers ]

Can you sue your auto insurance company if they want to total your damaged car out at a lesser value than you agree with?

Rita's damage! [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is an evacuee and is staying with us until her town gets the okay for residents to return. My question... she has a freezer and 'fridge with items that, by the time she returns home,will have gone VERY BAD!! After 3 to 4 weeks can the applainces be saved and cleaned of odor and how?? If...

Problem about possible credit damage [ 1 Answers ]

We just brought a computer from dell... and we thought we were to get 0% interest for 6 mon... So the first bill we paid $100 instead of the mininum $41 from $1500. The second bill we got the start charging us interest 27.49% plus the interest of making payment like $41 a mon. I call them and ask...

View more questions Search