Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aguilar64 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 08:17 PM
    Mutual Funds
    I am starting to take an interest into investments and I hear mutual funds are great ways to start up an investment portfolio. My question is how much should I invest, I work at sears as a commission sales man, I am also paying for school so that wipes me clean during the time of paying classes, but after that I am pretty much rolling in the money... for my age.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 08:21 PM
    I would suggest talking to the financial planner at your bank. My son has done very well with mutual funds, but there are pitfalls if you don't know the right ones to pick and it is uncertain doing it on your own, rather an expert helping you out and there would not be a charge. It is beneficial to the bank helping with this type of inivestment. Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 08:21 PM
    You should try to be saving from 10 to 20 percent of your pay. More if you can.

You should also be looking at what is your debts? If you have high interest credit card debt and other debts, work at getting out of debt and not owing any body before you start putting too much into investments for others, start by saving yourself all of that intest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good sites to Obtain Mutual Funds Info ? [ 2 Answers ]

What are some of the better websites to receive some basic research on various Mutual Funds, preferably without having a subscription fee ?? I would be looking for info such as performance, risk analysis, fees, etc. Maybe Yahoo or Google finance sites???? Thanks, George in San Fran

Mutual Funds [ 5 Answers ]

How are Mutual funds beneficial in tax planning? If we chose mutual funds, there are lot of banks issuing the same. What is the key critirion used to decide about selection of mutual funds

Mutual Funds [ 1 Answers ]

I've been researching mutual funds and I've narrowed it down to 2 which have very similar holdings (5 of the top 10 holdings are identical) and are very similar in other side by side comparisons. The main difference is one has 70/30 % stocks and bonds (FNMA and us treasury note) the other is100%...

Mutual funds [ 2 Answers ]

Should I get out of my mutual funds now or wait?

View more questions Search