Ask
    surveytracker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Looking for home business on computer
    Is itech-data.com a good home business to get into
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 08:25 PM
    I googled the name because I had never heard of them. Here is their website, although you probably already know it. Take a look if you don't.

iTech Data

Although they don't mention a sign up fee and I would not be surprised if there was one, after you start to register with them, there will probably be one.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 08:38 PM
    Let me see how many red flags of a scam do I see.

1. make 500 and more for little work just typing a few pages.
    ** we all know that is not possible, if it was they would merely be hiring hourly people to do it thierself for them.

2. have to do it "right" now for one price, since it is going up soon.

3. the web site does not ever tell you exactly what you are doing, selling a product, or selling a service or what.

4, they start showing you how much some unknow person made some time
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jan 9, 2008, 09:57 AM
    I agree with Fr. Chuck! You should check out this thread for some ideas on pursuing online data entry & administrative-clerical work.
    smartscrutiny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 09:59 PM
    Actually, itech data is good. I've been working with them for about a year. Most of the work is commission-based, but I don't think you're going to find anything out there that's not.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

May 4, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smartscrutiny
    Actually, itech data is good. I've been working with them for about a year. Most of the work is commission-based, but I don't think you're going to find anything out there that's not.
    Interesting... someone posted a response ago to a question about Itech Data being a scam on this board that uses exactly the same words used by smartscrutiny. Sounds like a canned response, perhaps?
    ilovenyc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 11:04 AM
    I signed up with iTech Data last year. I ended up asking for a refund because I'm not very good on computers, and they gave me my money back! I was pleasantly surprised. They did have some good free stuff that they were giving away with memberships that you got to keep even if you ask for your money back. Not sure if they still do that or not.
    alloverit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 12:50 PM
    If you ever sign up for a work at home SCAM... (most all of them are.. the best is the one that looks like Google, brands like Google, but is not Google adwords)
    BEWARE. Once they have your email address, you're done. AND if you are dumb enough (or too tired, late enough like me) to give them your telephone number... be prepared to get about 15 phone calls minimum per month --- from as many different company titles. Itech is one of them. They will NOT take you off their call list. The names of the companies just keep changing. They don't tell you at all what they're about. I am very close to changing my phone number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Home based business [ 8 Answers ]

I am interested in doing one of them PT and wanted to know if there are any legitimate ones if you know out there.

Starting Computer Repair Business A-Z [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Its always been my dream to start my own home based computer repair business. I need someone to guide me to the right path. I've been reading a lot about starting a business but I just had some problems regarding filing taxes regarding my computer repair business. I already acquired my Business...

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

Web Hosting computer business [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have some questions on what line to put expenses for schedule C: I have a web hosting business where I lease a server (monthly fee) and resell space to my customers. 1. Does the monthly server cost go into COGS or Other expenses? Sometimes I fix peoples computers and need to buy...

Home business [ 2 Answers ]

I will be caring for a child in my home (5 days a week, 8hrs. A day). Do I have to pay taxes on my income ($95. A day), and if so, how do I go about it? Thanks. :)

View more questions Search