Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jscolt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2005, 07:27 PM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan downrod extension
    I recently purchased 2 Hampton Bay "Brookdale" ceiling fans and need to extend the downrods and additional 24" due to the slope of the ceiling. The downrods that come with the fans are brushed nickel. Where can I find suitable rod material?
    wheatnbarley24 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Dec 30, 2005, 08:20 PM
    Either Lowe's are home depot shoud be your best bet.
    Lotta Posts: 124, Reputation: 8

Dec 31, 2005, 06:40 AM
    Go to the store where you puchased the fans from. They may have some.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2005, 09:15 AM
    I figured you checked at Home Depot before posting here. I don't know if you would ever match the finish at an electrical supply house or not. So many Hampton Bay questions go unanswered here, that Rickj posted this sticky,
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=14886
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 08:53 PM
    Home Depot should sell them. If not, try a dedicated fan/lighting retailer such as www.lampdepot.com, www.rlights.com, or your local lighting showroom.

For information on extension downrods and fan use and placement, see:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/ceiling-fan-faq.php
    dianaf040844 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 08:12 AM

I need a short extension rod for my hampton bay ceiling fan. I need one that is no longer than 6 inches, preferably 3 or 4 inches. Is an extension rod of this length available?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2009, 02:08 PM

How long is the one that came with the fan?

They can be cut, or you can use galvanized pipe nipple.
    btbuddyboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 11:58 AM
    I'm looking for a 36" down rod in the oil rubbed bronze finish for Hampton Bay model # 904 384 Altura 68" ceiling fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing the remote on a fan that was in the house I bought 5 yrs ago. I don't know the model number. The old fan has a remote controller located below the fan and has a model no - 'UC7051R mas. Lamp Watt 250 Watt.' The top of the fan has two wires connected to house power. All other wires...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan hum [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. Just bought a Hampton Bay ceiling fan. After installation, noticed a significant hum, on any speed. Thought it could be the fan reostat, so disconnected it and hardwired the power. Still hums. Anyone have any suggestions? Have seen several complaints about this on other sites. ...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Windward II ceiling fan with remote control. Unless the room temperature is 80 degrees or above, neither the fan nor the light will operate. If I leave the main power in the on position, and the remote control is set to off, the fan will turn on all by itself once the...

Hampton ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. Hampton ceiling fan/lights. Sometimes the lights begin to flicker and go out for a few seconds, then come back on. Also, the fan doesn't work after about 4 years of operation. When the fan is turned on by the remote, I simply get a humming noise. I'm not real handy electrically. I took things...

Hampton Ceiling Fan [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased a light to add on to a ceiling fan w/no light. Problem is fixture has a black and white wire and ceiling fan only has 1 blue wire for light. What do I need to do?

View more questions Search