Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Hvac1000: Or ing stage relays (multi-stage stats to single stage)
    Would you agree that you can and should OR the outputs of say a 2 stage heating stat to make it a single stage? OR means connect the outputs together. Example: Connect W and W2 to create a single stage stat.

I'm under the impression that either W1 or W2 is activated and not both and that this is done primarily by the magnitude of the difference of the measured and desired temperature.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 03:05 PM
    I'm not really shure what you are asking. Why would you jumper w1 to w2 at the stat or furnace? Another thing is all manufacturers are different, some use time, demand or both. For instance, a Rheem 2 stage furnace will run at 2 stages using a single stage stat with just hooking the stat up to w1 at the furnace it will run 20 minutes at 60% then go to 100% until the call for heat ends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a single or multi-stage heat pump? Want programmable thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking to replace my thermostat with a new programmable one, and I'm trying to figure out which ones might be compatible with my heat pump. I'm having trouble determining even what type of heat pump I have. Any help would be appreciated! Here is the information I have: On the unit...

2 stage furnace / single stage thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a Goodman 90,000btu 2 stage, variable speed 5 ton blower furnace put in. I am also have a 3 ton 16 seer A/C put in. They want to set me up with a Honeywell 4000 programmable thermostat. I thought that I read that this thermostat was for single stage heating. Am I getting short changed?...

Changing 2 stage manual thermostat to 1 stage programmable [ 3 Answers ]

All wires match up except the RED wire (previously connected to "R") and the blue wire (previously connected to "C") on an manual white-rodgers thermostat (type 1f58w-58 2 stage heat/cool). On the programmable white-rodgers thermostat (type 1f78-151 single stage) I only have one open terminal and...

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 6 Answers ]

Anyonw know how to hook this up with a dpdt relay There is 5 wires , outdoor heat for stage 1 heat , propane gas for stage 2 hear Thanks For any help :confused:

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 1 Answers ]

What is the right wiring to hook the WHITE ROGERS 80 SERIES thermostat up ( 1F82-261)? I have a outdoor wood burner dlowing hear to a exchanger in the ducts , and I have propand gas as a back up sorce The furnace is a coleman evecon ( 94 model) with ac (up draft) I think I had the wiring...

View more questions Search