Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emb123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 02:37 PM
    How do parents find quality time whilst home schooling.
    Hi
    How do home schooling parents find free time/quality time with each other as homeschooling children can take up a lot of their time?
    How to find quality time for their children too?
    Any tips or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
    Emb:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 04:28 PM
    Same as any other parent does. Since normally one parent is still working when the children are in school, They make dates with each other and have sitters with the kids, they do exchanges with other home school parents or neighbors to watch the kids at certain times. But also you learn to have a lot of great family time together
    Questionshelp Posts: 153, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 9, 2008, 08:56 AM
    I have been in the same shoes as yourself. If I can ask How old is you'r child? And are you a single parent?

I have a two children and my wife works all odd hours. I spend all my time with my kids and my wife. But when all the kids go to bed I take the hour a day to do my home shooling. I hope you can come to some sort of schedule for yourself as well. It takes time. Best of luck.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by emb123
    Hi
    How do home schooling parents find free time/quality time with each other as homeschooling children can take up a lot of their time?
    When they go to sleep.

How to find quality time for their children too?
    That's easy. I'm the Dad. Whenever I like, I just ask my wife if I can take the kids to the park or anywhere. That gives the kids and I some time together and Mom some time to kick up her heels or more likely, to catch up on some necessary chore which has been neglected.

Any tips or suggestions appreciated.
    1. Its your school. Run it your way.

My wife has the school hours organized so that the kids are usually done by noon. But we have two sets of friends who are night owls. Their kids are actually starting their school day around noon.

2. Don't let it get you down. Remember, you are going to go over the same material next year. It'll just be a bit more complicated.

3. Add to your schedule, quality time for each and all of you.
    - Say to the kids. "Ok during this time, you guys will go in the other room and read." Or "ok, its nappy time."
    - Schedule a day or a time of day when mom or dad will take over the teaching or grading or whatever.
    - Give the older kids some responsibility over their younger siblings. They can read to them or watch an educational show with them. Play educational games. Answer questions.

Thanks
    Emb:)
    I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you find out about first time home buyer programs [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the Chicago area and I am looking for 1st time buyer programs to purchase a home?:confused:

Home Schooling At 14 In The UK [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I really hate school, I think its just the atmosphere I can't cope with. I've been looking over the internet and been reading about homeschooling. My mum and dad know I hate school and I kind of keep saying about homeschooling but they don't seem to take me seriously. I have two...

Home schooling [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to take my ged at home or find a school where I can receive my diploma I work during the day and have a child so I really can't afford to pay for it is there any on line programs that maybe is free, or does not cost too much.

Home schooling in the UK [ 2 Answers ]

Hi :o Does anyone have any information about home schooling in the UK. Does a parent need to be qualified to teach

Home Schooling [ 2 Answers ]

Can you create you, your own Home Study program ?

View more questions Search