Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheil2009 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2005, 07:10 PM
    Even skin tone
    Hello, I am a young woman of east indian descent with dark brown skin that is extremely uneven. I don't have the time to spend loads of cash on skin lightening treatments, and I am only trying to lighten certain parts of my body, specifically the skin around my mouth, underarms, elbows and knees, all of which are significantly darker than the skin around them. However, I don't want to treat the skin and find it lighter than what it should be. Is there a cheap and natural way to lighten and brighten that skin without making it too light? I have heard lemon juice and milk works well, but I am not sure of the best way to use it. Any ideas?
    hindude Posts: 52, Reputation: 4

Dec 30, 2005, 11:11 PM
    Usually with skin lightening creams you can stop once you reach the right results. Ive never experienced anything where my skin has gottten too light. The results are gradual. Right now I'm still on my bottle of whiterskin cream.

Dec 31, 2005, 01:00 PM
    I won't be allowed to buy any of thosed things, so I have to make do with natural, temporary options. Does lemon really lighten the skin?
    jacki1982 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2006, 02:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheil2009
    i wont be allowed to buy any of thosed things, so i have to make do with natural, temporary options. Does lemon really lighten the skin?

Why aren't you allowed to buy those things? I heard that lemon juice isn't good for everyone. For lighter skinned people they lighten them up, some get rashes, blothes, uneven lightening, etc. I would suggest magic cream or glutathione pills. They're not harmful, very safe and affordable

Jan 1, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jacki1982
    Why aren't you allowed to buy those things? I heard that lemon juice isn't good for everyone. For lighter skinned people they lighten them up, some get rashes, blothes, uneven lightening, etc. I would suggest magic cream or glutathione pills. They're not harmful, very safe and affordable
    Im still pretty young :) My parents would never let me use things like that, trust me :)

If you are darker skinned, lemon would work though, wouldn't it?
    Pale White Skin Posts: 93, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2006, 07:12 PM
    Sheil
    Hey Sheil,

How many shades lighter do you want to be? I'd like to be real pale.. and I personally think Michael Jackson doesn't look too bad (( judging skin color only! )) I'd love to be that pale white.. but I've also hear about using lemon and cucumber mix on your face for 15 minutes. Is there a mix? Wonder how you that would work. I wonder if they sell a cream.. it could possibly work since lemon is a lightening agent!

Jan 1, 2006, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale White Skin
    Hey Sheil,

how many shades lighter do you want to be? I'd like to be real pale.. and I personally think Michael Jackson doesn't look too bad (( judging skin color only! )) I'd love to be that pale white.. but I've also hear about using lemon and cucumber mix on your face for 15 minutes. Is there a mix? Wonder how you that would work. I wonder if they sell a cream.. it could possibly work since lemon is a lightening agent!
    I am not really going for lighter skin overall, I am just tryingto even out the darker areas which, judging in a mirror, should be 2-3 shade lighter to match the surrounding areas.

I have heard lemon is great on its own but even better mixing with a sooting agent such as aloe to prevent irritation. I am afraid to start using lemon juice though because I am not sure how harsh the bleach is. I honestly would prefer to use it in a cream form
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Jan 12, 2006, 06:30 AM
    Yup. Lemon does work. My cousin uses them on her knees, heels, elbows & stuff & it did lighten them. However, just like all beauty regimens, they should be followed religiously.
    jacki1982 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2006, 06:19 AM
    I made a home made lotion, well there's a whitening lotion and I just added some other ingredients to it. I made it for my brothers. They LOVE it! Their skin are now getting cleaner looking, lighter, more even toned, and not even a month yet of use. They use it everyday though. There's lemon juice in it as well as other stuff =)
    jeje18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 06:21 PM
    Wow.. I was going to ask the same question you did.. I have dark areas on my skin like my elbows and knees and I want to get rid of them.. im kind of dark too.. does lemon juice really work? Tell me how it goes
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 9, 2009, 05:46 PM

I've tried lemon before (on knees and elbows) but had to be careful because the lemon oil in the rind irritated me. Also apple cider vinegar.

It was very slow-going.

Maybe you could tell your parents that the uneveness bothers you & ask if you could see a dermatologist?

Meanwhile, here's an article that mentions several home remedies.

Treating melasma using home remedies | Freckles Treatment | Hair Care Tips and Skin Care Tips Blog

There are also some home remedies that you can refer to in order to reduce melasma. Olive oil should be applied on the skin as this rehydrates the skin and gets it back into form. You can also mix equal portions of onion juice with apple cider vinegar and apply it twice a day for best results. Similar to the onion, you can apply fresh lemon juice on the affected area, and alternate by adding sugar to this solution. A paste mixture made of horseradish root powder and a cup of sour cream can also be applied on the affected area. Before going to bed at night you can also apply odorless castor oil or vitamin E of any form on the skin. Another strong remedy to reduce freckles is to mash a quarter cup unripe currants mixed with a tablespoon of unpasteurized honey, and the paste should be applied on the freckles and leave it for an hour. Clean your face with warm water and then sprinkle a bit of diluted fresh limejuice on it. An important advise to you would be to not expose your skin to sunlight after using food containing vitamin C on the skin as even a little amount of this on the skin exposed to the sum could cause a permanent blemish.

Whatever you use, you'll need at least a high SPF sunscreen (and maybe clothing and hats too) to protect your skin.
    ItsKayla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Lemon juice does work. I've tried it by itself on my own skin and my skin got lighter. At first it stung a little but then my skin got used to it. To stop most of the stinging I put some lotion with aloe on it and rubbed it in.
    chance43211 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 01:47 PM
    Yeah, it really does work you just sqweeze a couple of lemons mix it with salt, milk, and baking powder and it will start working in a week or so.. I've been using this on my face and its clearing it up and giving me an even skin tone I love it! I tried it without the bakeing soda because we ran out and it started to get bad again!
    chance43211 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 01:50 PM

It definitely works! Esspecialy if you add a tespoon of baking soda that gets rid of the dead skin cells and gives your face an even tone. It also works on your elbows and knees but I sugusst you use it on your face TRY THIS! It works like magic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Get Rid Of Dark Spot Caused From Pimples And Even Skin Tone [ 15 Answers ]

I‘m african american and relatively dark,I get pimples once in a while but once they gone they leave dark black spots, I want should I do ,I use clearasil but didn't fadeaway black spots.I want to fade away the black spots and have an even skin tone.I don't want a lotion that makes me so light such...

Does Shea Butter help for lighten uneven skin tone ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello folks, I am using pinch of saffron strand in boiled milk ( a glass) to drink everyday Since March 2006. Some of my friends said it will lighten the skin but it is going to take long term ( the funny thing is I never read from any of science page proven results:D ). Well my friends and I...

Tips on how to tone your body [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is my status in body wise. Im actually inm good shape, not too fat not too skinny just in the middle but I want to start toning my muscles like enhacing the definition of my muscles kind of like bruce lees body. I don't have much too work with since I live far from a gym and all I got to...

Removing red tone [ 1 Answers ]

I had been using a semi permanent hair color by L'Oreal to tone down too light highlights and brassy colored roots in my dark ash blonde hair. I used a medium ash blonde to do this. The last time I did this, it didn't really get rid of the red looking color at the roots. So I used some L'Oreal...

Color changes in skin tone [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in skin color between the palms of hands and lips;what is the difference in the skin color between the genitals and the soles of the feet;what is the difference in the skin color and thickness in the palms of the hand of a person who does heavy manual labor and one who does...

View more questions Search