Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ldiva1221 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Where can I find grants and/or scholarships for private high schools?
    I am looking for sources for grants or scholarships for private high schools as well as private elementary school education and all I see is stuff for college. Any thoughts as to where I can go?
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 2, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Do you have any specific schools picked out? If so, contact them and ask if they have scholarships available. Sometimes the schools themselves offer scholarships.

Also if you go to this website:

K-12 Awards - Kindergarten, Elementary School, Junior High School, High School

Click on K-12, and then scroll down. There is a list of organizations offering scholarships to kids still in school.

Hope this helps!
    mt4000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 08:12 PM
    Why can anyone have a specific website without having to look at colleges scholarships? Im interested in high schools scholarships in a private school only.
    mt4000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 08:14 PM
    Is there anyone who is actually applying for a private high school now?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 3, 2012, 07:14 AM
    Call the particular school you wish to attend and ask to speak with someone in the financial office. They should be able to tell you the answer you seek. If you have a particular "talent" in sports, or another area, mention your accomplishments. Make sure you speak about why you feel you deserve a scholarship and how your attendance at their school would benefit the school. Most private schools have fundraisers to help students who can't afford to pay full tuition. They also seek donations from alumni for the same reasons. And, from my experiences, they keep very quiet about these scholarships. So, get on the phone, and make sure you are ready to "sell" yourself, meaning tell them why they should listen to you. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Private High School Financial Aid & Grants [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We're looking to send our son to a private high school next year. Does anyone out there Know of any websites that can help us with financial aid, scholarships or grants that might be available? Thanks! Gayleann

Are there any scholarships for kids in private schools? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if there are any scholarships for kids in private elementary and middle schools?

Grants & Scholarships [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best website to get grants & scholarships?

Suggestions for scholarships and grants [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here's the thing. My name's Jason and I'm really in a bind at the moment. I'm 18 years old and I really need to start getting my life together. I live in Florence, SC and I'm getting ready to try for my GED at Poynor, and I'd like to go to Francis Marion College after I do get my GED, but I...

View more questions Search