Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wombatuu Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2005, 05:19 PM
    Can I run Supply lines in outside wall
    I live in NJ and am remodeling a bath. Can I run my supply lines to the shower in an outside wall? If so any recommendations or hints concerning this?
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

Dec 30, 2005, 07:22 PM
    Of course.
    First I must tell you I am not aware of New Jersey special building codes and second I must tell you that the supply lines must conform to your local building code. To find out what your local building code allows ask a building inspector or someone at your local plumbing store. But to answer your question simply, Yes. I will say that I am assuming you are using copper pipe and that you will solder your pipe to the shower fixture or that you will solder the pipe to an adapter that will screw to the shower fixture.
    Wombatuu Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2005, 09:31 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions
    I am not sure of the codes but will check. Yes, yes and yes to the copper

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air in lines [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with air when I turn on any water outlet in the home, including when the toilets flush. I am on a submersible pump well system. I just recently purchased the home which was empty for about two years. The air is not all the time, but when it does it, it spurts for 5 sec.- 30 sec. at...

Cpvc supply lines - securing before drywall? [ 1 Answers ]

An odd question, I have framed my new laundry/half bath in the basement, all eelctrical ready to go and am ready to extend the plastic water supply lines for the future toilet/vanity. Question though, with this type of supply pipe, is there a need to secure it similar to pictures I have seen of...

Supply and drain on exterior wall OK? (wisconsin winters... ) [ 2 Answers ]

Hey tom, thanks ahead of time for you're advice, :) What are your thoughts on placing supply and drains in an exterior wall. (knee wall in converted attic). I really don't have an alternative. The pipes being in the knee wall, I could always double up the wall and insulate the heck out of it. I...

Plumbing: old drain pipe, supply lines, curb [ 3 Answers ]

I've completed the demolition of my old shower, but am puzzled now. I am on a slap foundation. My drain pipe is not centered, and it rises about 2 inches off the slab. It does not appear to have weep holes, and I cannot remove it. Is it necessary to have the weep holes, and does it need to be...

Lines Across TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old (atleast 10 years) RCA television. A few months ago it randomly developed a problem where white lines with a redish pink in between cover the entire screen. The lines are horizontal at a slight angle and go all the way across the screen. This happens spiratically and goes through...

View more questions Search