Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2003, 04:20 PM
    Is Excelsior College a real college?
    Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this, considering that Excelsior College will accept as credit equivalent for its CIS BS degree program any classes anyone has taken within the last 10 years to complete its BS degree.

Now, I really like its concept, which sounds too good, because I already have a BS degree in Nutritional Science at a traditional university. Most of the classes that I took in MIS (as is called at the university I attended, instead of CIS), but didn't finished and in Nutrition satisfied most of its requirement. Excelsior gave me credit unit equivalent for some of those classes I took. It says I have 33 more credit units out of its 87 credit units to fulfill its CIS BS degree requirement.

But is Excelsior for real? I have never heard of any online distance learning places that will do what Excelsior will do--that is, to accept college credit equivalent for any classes that a person has already taken and apply those credits toward the BS or MS degree program in question.
    Thank You again ::)
    decimon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2004, 03:36 PM
    Is Excelsior College a real college?
    If you're still there then yes, Excelsior College is both licit and accredited.

Search on <excelsior> at www.degreeinfo.com and all questions will be answered.
    cisum2054 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 03:37 PM
    Yes, it's 4 real. I obtained my BS from there in 2007. They accepted my credits from my state university.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After medical college [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am now studying medicine,after 5 years I will graduate and I am planning to continue and specialize in any of the medical branches. The problem that I don't know which college is better to continue in, I just want to know which is better: 1-the royal college of london 2-the american...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

College Physics [ 3 Answers ]

A 3.00 kg steel ball stricks a wall with a speed of 10.0 m/s at an angle of 60.0 degree's with the surface. It bounces off with the same speed and angle (fig P9.9). If the ball is in contact with the wall for 0.200 seconds what is the average force exerted by the wall on the ball?? Ball...

College [ 6 Answers ]

With colleges that require you to live on campus the first year or two, will any allow you to bring your baby with you? I know Longwood allows it in certain cases but I was wondering if anyone knew of others that did. If not does anyone know if those colleges will let you live off campus instead?

Electoral College. [ 1 Answers ]

A state having two Senators and one Represenative in congresss has how many Presidential electors in the Electoral College?

View more questions Search