Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wifeof12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Tub leaking when bathing, not showering
    Our tub is leaking only when filled with water to use as a bath. It does not leak during any showers. We've replace the drain, cleaned out a clog and sealed up all areas we could think of that would leak. The tub began leaking again today when my daughter drew a bath. We do not overfill the tub and it is not leaking through the overfill plate. We can't figure it out. Please help with ideas/solutions. It is an old cast iron tub, but we cannot see any cracks.

Thank you!
    wayne0418 Posts: 51, Reputation: 9

Jan 1, 2008, 10:43 AM
    A crack may be opening up when the tube if filled with the aditional water weight.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 1, 2008, 01:47 PM
    I would suggest that your remove the handles and escutcheon plate on you mixing valve. Turn the water on to fill the tub and inspect the mixing valve with a flashlight. You may find your leak is coming from the connection to the spout.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathing a mother cat [ 3 Answers ]

My cat gave birth to two kittens yesterday. She is a very young mother, and we are proud of her cause she is being very good. My question has to do with her hygiene. She has white fur on her back legs and it became very stained with red throughout the birthing process. We cleaned the blanket and...

Bathing a beagle [ 8 Answers ]

I am going to try to bath our beagle, no problem. I have been told that his anal glands must be empty. How do I empty them?

Water leaking over side of tub when showering [ 2 Answers ]

I recently removed sliding doors on our shower and put up a shower curtain but now water drips over the side of the tub at either end near the walls when the shower is used. The water runs along the edges of the tub and drips of the edge. Plastic "splash guards" have been useless. Any simple...

Grandmother bathing with an almost 3 year old Grandson? [ 15 Answers ]

My stepdaughter told me that her almost 3 year old son is bathing with his other Grandmother. Is this normal or an OK thing to do? I told my stepdaughter that I think it is a form of child abuse. Am I right?

Not bathing after sex [ 16 Answers ]

K I have a question I am a male and need to know if my girl friend is pragnant so I am 16 years old a need a answer k well me and my girl friend had sex Monday as we were going at it I had to so I pulled out but I don't know if it was in time I was not wereing a condum then she wants to go at it...

View more questions Search