Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SophieOohie Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 10:15 AM
    How to get ink off doll's face?
    There's biro ink on my doll's face and it's soaked into the plastic. I've tried using various cleaning items, and they don't work. Does anyone know how to clean it, if it's possible to do so.
    :confused:
    Thanks
    Sophie
    ~Oohie~
    wayne0418 Posts: 51, Reputation: 9

Jan 1, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Try undo, a scrapbooking adhesive remover. Also magic eraser I personaly love them.
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Jan 1, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Good afternoon...
    I never thought I would be answering a question like this since I have never given it any thought. However, I think I can help you. My grandmother used to collect dolls she had hundreds of them. Now these types of dolls were more porcelain and not plastic.

So once when I was little I was found playing with one of those dolls. Needless to say, I thought I was in a lot of trouble. I was wrong and my grandmother was not angry at all. She took the doll, that now had ink all over her face from where I drew make-up, or at least tried. She took the doll and sprayed hairspray on a cotton swab and off it came. All of it.

Now biro ink which is commonly used to print newspapers and can really do damage on plastic is different. However I suggest trying the hairspray. If that does not work try that Oxi Clean stuff they advertise for but make it thick and pasty and gently try wiping it off that way. I would use that as a last resort and first try it in an area that can be covered. Thes reason is to make sure it does not remove the natural dye of her skin.

One more idea as crazy as it sounds is to try vodka. It has worked to wipe off marks on common places. I read that somewhere a while ago. I don't know if that works but it might. I still think my grandmother had the right idea with the hairspray. Give it a try, I'd love to know if it works.

Good luck to you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 1, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Goof off, but test first in a small hidden area to see if it softens the plastic too much.
    SophieOohie Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Thanks, I'll try these.

Sophie
    ~Oohie~
    tylerdoubledown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Hi I was wondering how to get a pen mark of a baby doll's face and I tried Rubbing Alcohol, soap and water, hairspray, and Cleaning Wipes and none of them worked so if you could post any other solutions it would be great.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Feb 7, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Try acne cream with benzoyl peroxide... I know it sounds funny... but it works. (Oxy Cream 10% works good) Glob it on... leave it for about two-three hours... wash off with warm water. You may have to repeat about two or three times.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Try lestoil

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regular contact, but no face to face [ 2 Answers ]

We dated a while, then he wanted to take a break from seeing each other, but maintained some contact (txt. Message, some calls), about four weeks ago, we began to date some again, and saw each other 3 times in 2 weeks, he makes some form of contact every day, but we haven't seen each other again...

Pigmentation on the face [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need some help from anybody who has pigmentation marks, I was considering buying Civant Skincare/Meladerm from the USA for skin lightening. I have a dark patch over my lip and on my cheeks brought on from taking the pill and sun. I have just finished having face peels and sets of blue and red...

Do I take this at face value [ 9 Answers ]

We were together for 8 years. We had a quarrel - he no longer wanted to see me - now 1 month later he sends the following - he is an aquarius I am a scorpion. Where do I go from here - I have always pictured myself growing old with him Most of the anger has subsided but the hurt and...

View more questions Search