Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Biggie Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Jan 1, 2008, 08:11 AM
    Am I the only one who doesn't want to be with someone/have a family?
    I'm only 26 and I never say never about anything, but when it comes to this subject, I am pretty sure I have my mind set on it. I've always been shy and introverted all my life so that has kept me from meeting anyone. I think I've just become used to it, and maybe that's why I'm not desperate like some guys get to be. I do have my family and a couple friends I keep in touch with. Other than that, it's usually just me 24/7. I like to think I'm my best friend :)
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Making friends and being sociable is easy for some and difficult for others. I think if you are a 'team player' and need reassurance, you will not enjoy being a manager; if you are a loner, you may not enjoy being in a 'group' environment. Developing friendships is good because a certain amount of interaction and affirmation is needed, in my view. I have felt for a long time that at age 26 one becomes aware of who he his and what he is about. But nothing about your future is carved into stone. If you want a friend, then be a friend. Never be too shy to smile at others and say, "Hi".
    teache Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie
    I'm only 26 and I never say never about anything, but when it comes to this subject, I am pretty sure I have my mind set on it. I've always been shy and introverted all my life so that has kept me from meeting anyone. I think I've just become used to it, and maybe that's why I'm not desperate like some guys get to be. I do have my family and a couple friends I keep in touch with. Other than that, it's usually just me 24/7. I like to think I'm my best friend :)
    If you have never dated? Then how do you know you never want to be with someone? I have been done wrong all my marriage, but I hope one day to get out of it when my children are grown. And still hope to be able to meet someone who will treat me nice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Well if you live in your own apartment, go out shopping, go out on the weekend with friends sometimes and go out to work, you may be normal and just will over time perhaps make some new friends.

Now if you live in your mom and dads basement, don't go out except to a stars war convention, I may worry about you.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Biggie, if you are comfortable living your life in this manner, and find happiness in it, then there is nothing wrong with it. Many people worry about whether they will get married for a number of reasons but mostly because they have been raised to believe that it is part of what is expected from them as an adult in our society. There are some people who just don't feel the need or desire to marry and have children. And, no matter what anyone might say, it is perfectly fine to feel this way. Some of us aren't cut out to be spouses or parents. Like you, I never thought I would get married and didn't care if I did. But, when I was 29 I met a man that changed my mind about it. During our courtship, he became my best friend. I have never regretted my decision to marry him.

You may be shy, but you sound like you have confidence in yourself. Some people find more happiness with a handful of good and loyal friends rather than having a whole slew of aquaintances. Personally, that is how I prefer to live. I am not much into parties and group settings. It doesn't have anything to do with shyness, just personal preference. I love the friends I have and prefer the one on one time with them, to the fracturing of conversations that comes with large groups.

I think it is better to live your life the way that makes you the most comfortable. It will bring you much more happiness than being concerned with what other people are doing. And, the unexpected pleasures that occur during your lifetime, make them that much sweeter. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single family to 2 family electrical service [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, first time posting to this site. I am changing an existing 200 amp service to a 2 meter service. Presently, the home added an apartment above the garage with its own 100 amp panel. The panel is served by a 100 amp breaker in the main panel. The homeowner wants to separately meter the...

Want to go down under :) [ 1 Answers ]

Not just a sexual inuendo; I really want to go to Australia I just wanted to know if anyone has any info on expenses or how easy it is to get a job down there. Do I need a working Visa? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

I want to ask. [ 3 Answers ]

I want to ask about the title of one movie... It is high school movie with a boy who found a plum juice and with drinking it he was doing strange things Please help me:P Thanks:D

View more questions Search