Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joebutler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 06:48 AM
    I cannot uninstall Yahoo instant messenger
    I cannot uninstall Yahoo instant messenger. I have seen the answers regarding going to the control panel and simply clicking on "yahoo instant messenger" . However, when I go to control panel there is no program titled "yahoo instant messenger" I do have a listing for "Yahoo browser services" but it is a very large file (120 mb) and I am afraid it contains more than the instant messenger software.

Perhaps I should note I am signed up to Verizon DSL and that comes with Yahoo
    I hope you can help as I believe instant messenger is causing problems.

Operating system is windows XP
    Thank you for any help you can offer.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 09:41 AM
    1. Go to control panel
    2. select add or remove programs
    3. select Yahoo messenger
    4. then remove

You said: " I have seen the answers regarding going to the control panel and simply clicking on "Yahoo instant messenger"

Did you do 'Step 2'?
    joebutler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    1. go to control panel
    2. select add or remove programs
    3. select yahoo messenger
    4. then remove

You said: " I have seen the answers regarding going to the control panel and simply clicking on "yahoo instant messenger"

Did you do 'Step 2'?
    Yes, I did all the right steps but there is NO LISTING for Yahoo instant messenger under the add /remove populated list. That's the gist of the problem. I know how to remove a program but in my case there is NO LISTING TITLED YAHOO INSTANT MESSENGER!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 1, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Go and redownload it, install it as normal and this should resolve your issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstall Yahoo Messenger [ 7 Answers ]

Trying to UNINSTALL Yahoo messenger. When I click on add/remove Yahoo messenger in the control panel a window pops up: WISE UNINSTALL could not open install.log file

Uninstall Yahoo messenger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I am new guest of yours please How do I uninstall Yahoo messenger from my PC

Uninstall Yahoo Messenger [ 2 Answers ]

II AM TRYING TO UNINSTALL YAHOO MESSENGER FROM ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS. However when I attempt to do so I get the following error message Could not open INSTALL. LOG file. Thanks in advance for any attention and feedback to this post

I CANNOT uninstall or reinstall Yahoo messenger [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to install new Yahoo messenger 9 - beta, and it messed my PC completely; now I can't open messenger, cannot uninstall or reinstall it. It keeps telling me the version already is installed but I canot open it!! I tried system restore - it didn't work either. I have windows vista - please...

Yahoo Instant Messenger [ 2 Answers ]

After installing found no uninstall feature to remove this from my computer, not found in add/remove programs using control panel either. Is there a program I can download free to remove this or can someone please tell me how to take it off without damaging my registry in any way and to have a...

View more questions Search