Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Jan 1, 2008, 01:59 AM
    This is starting to freak me out
    There's this game I found on the web that is supposed to read your mind, at first I was skeptical but now I'm starting to get freaked out. It asks you to pick a number, add the digits together, and then subract that number from the original number. Then your supposed to find the number you got on a chart, focus on the symbol next to the number. Then click the mystic ball. I did it like 30 times and each answer was right! I started to think it was a mind trick, where you would see the symbol you focused on because it's what you mind wanted to see. But what I did was focus on let's say 44's symbol before I did what it told me to do, I didn't get 44's symbol but I got 36' symbol which would be the symbol I would've got if I did the math for 44 and I didn't even look at the number 36! I thought maybe it was the mouse but that wasn't it, I'm stumped and hoping someone could find out the secret.

Mystic Ball
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Jan 1, 2008, 02:01 AM
    I even started thinking of a number in my head, doing the math, and then clicking the ball before looking at the chart. It still gets the answer right, what the hell man. It also changes the symbol after each click! What the hell is this?
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Jan 1, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Do you have a link to this on-line game?
    skandar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 06:22 AM
    What is the web on which you see this game... Tell me.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2008, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cajalat
    Do you have a link to this on-line game?
    Mystic Ball

It's quite simple: every time you refresh the page you get a different set of symbols but they are arranged in a specific pattern. The symbol is always that star shaped one because all the 'final answers' possibilities on that page match that. I'll figure out the math later.
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Jan 1, 2008, 06:50 AM
    I figured it out. It is a simple math trick.

No matter which number you start with the answer to the math portion will ALWAYS be one of the following numbers: 81, 72, 63, 54, 45, 36, 27, 18, 9. Basically a multiplier of 9. If you look at the symbol next to any of those numbers you'll see that it is the same symbol and all the rest are there just for show.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Some interesting things about the number 9. You probably noticed, 8+1 = 9, 7+2=9, 6+3 =9, and so on. Even big numbers like 12345678. 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8=36.
    36 is divisable by 9. Therfore 9 will go into 12345678, with no fraction left over.
    12345678/9 = 1371742.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Control freak [ 8 Answers ]

I'm ending a relationship with a girl after 3 yrs, she hardly ever gave anything, and said just having her should be enough, without her doing anything. She was controlling, abusive, lazy, you name it. My question is why are people like that never wrong? I've tried talking to her and explaining but...

My sister is a control freak! [ 10 Answers ]

Hey my sister is like a right control freak she don't let me do anything like if she sees me with my boyfriend she tells me to break it up I can't do anything without her permission help Arsenalroxmyworld :confused: :confused: :confused:

Am I a control freak - or just sensible? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello All, I was browsing through Google and I found this forum, and actually found a topic that was similar (yet not so similar to the question I had) but here is my question: I have been with my girlfriend since technically July but she went to college in Semptember in Kansas. She didn't...

I'm a freak overprotective girlfriend [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend who the first 2 years of our relationship treated me bad and lied to me however the last year and 1/2 we have been growing and he has been great however I have a hard time forgeting the past pain and am very overprotective always want to know where he is going... ect. And sometimes...

View more questions Search