Ask
    sidvicious Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 01:48 AM
    How to unplug bathtub
    How to unplug bathtub
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 02:49 AM
    Need more information. Is the drain a lever type or different? How old is it?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 1, 2008, 06:50 AM
    If this is a average bathtub it has a chorme overflow plate/trip lever under the spout. Remove the two screws on the plate with the lever. Pull out and up to get the plug and linkage out. Then run your snake down the open hole. You will hit the bottom of the trap about 18" in and come up against some resistance, work it on past. The tub drain pipe shouldn't be too long,8 to 12 feet so you shoudn't have to run out too much snake to reach the clog.
    After you have opened up the drain line fill the tub with hot water to flush out the line. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub drain [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know what the part is called that has a lever and opens and closes the drain in the tub. I just moved in to an apartment and discovered that my tub doesn't have this so I can't take a bath only a shower. I want to know the right part to request they put back in the tub so they don't bring...

Bathtub install [ 1 Answers ]

How to install a bathtub on concrete floor with no rough in? Should I put in a sub floor??

Bathtub Horror [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to re-do my bathroom which was going very well until I tried to get my cold water knob off the stem, I tried several things to try to get it to come off, eventually I just made the knob body come off the stem and in turn I broke it "imagine that". I took off the hot water stem...

Help! Under the bathtub... [ 1 Answers ]

We are putting in a new tub due to some leakage in the previous tub surround. When we pulled up the tub, the tub drain hooks to a larger drain. The top of this larger drain appears to be open. Is this to vent the drain? It appears that the toilet also hooks to this drain. What keeps the...

Bathtub drain [ 1 Answers ]

I cleaned a pair of boots off in the tub. Debris went down the drain from off the boots and I think that this may be part of the problem I am experiencing. Every time I take a bath or shower and the water goes down the drain, it comes out in the basement from under the stairs. This happened twice....

View more questions Search