Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnDrAr8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Everyone thinks I'm a girly girl how can I become a tomboy and fast?
    Hi my name is erryce I love to play basketball and run track but the problem is I think I'm a tomboy but everyone else thinks otherwise. I love to wear skirts and dresses but I'm in love with basketball shorts and t-shirts with sneakers I love playing with the boys but I have a lot of friends that are girls I love playing video games please help me to be a tomboy
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 07:39 PM
    Short of mud wrestling them I don't think anything.

Sounds like you are probably more tomboy then your friends probably are.
    Maybe they just say you are girly girl because they are jealous of you liking track and basketball. Sort of like people calling really tall guys shorty or tiny.
    I don't think anything you can do would prove to them that you are not girly girl
    Ask them what they think makes you girly girl.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2007, 07:49 PM
    You are looking at names and sterio types. You can be and must be both, you don't have to be one or the other all the time.
    Lisa-CCFC Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 10:00 PM
    I have the same problem, but opposite!
    Lol when I was about 13, I changed from being really girly, to very tomboyish.
    I had short hair and was always in sports gear.
    I got mistaken for a boy a few times :/
    Then I just realised I wanted a change.
    And started being a bit more girly, now I'm just between lol.

No-one really notices if you change your clothes or stuff,
    Just don't do it like overnight.
    You can still be a tomboy and girly at the same time :)
    And also have girly friends and guy friends,
    My girlfriends are all into make up and guys :S
    I just find it funny why they spend all that money when they could get an awesome pair of Nikeys :)
    Hope this sortof helps xx
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Don't change how you are for other people. If you like to play sports and wear girly clothes, that is your business and no one else's. Don't put yourself into a stereotype because that's what people want you to do. What matters most is how you see yourself, not others.

If people want to think that you are girly girl just because you wear girly clothes, then let them. That means that you are different from everyone else and in my opinion that is a good thing. If you act exactly like everyone else you go to school with, you will just blend right in and nobody will see you for your differences, because you won't have any. :)
    Alinchik98 Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Jan 3, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Me too I love to wear skirts and dresses but I'm in love with basketball shorts and t-shirts with sneakers I love playing with the boys but I have a lot of friends that are girls...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Here's a secret revealed: tomboys, especially those good in sports, are the ones boys pick to play on their teams. If you can be both a tomboy in jeans AND enjoy dressing up in girl clothes, you will eventually have your pick of guys to date.

The guys will know you and will be comfortable with you and might even be best buds with you. You will send them over the moon when you show up looking like a real girl.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Yeah, actually, to be honest... I'm a big fan of girly girls... however, if the girl can play ball with me or keep up with me when I go running, that's a keeper.

Don't change for anyone. If you're happy the way you are, then keep it. And if you're the type to love sports AND wear dresses... that's awesome.
    coolcourtney8 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Maybe... your caring a little bit too much about what other peaople think of you .
    I'm onlyy 14 but I get called a boy sometimes but I don't let it get to me. Peaople will probobly just call you a girly girl because they know you don't like it. Just be who you want to be...
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 4, 2008, 01:56 PM
    What's wrong with being a girly girl who's good at sports and videogames?

Sounds like you have the best of both worlds! :)
    tokickbutt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AnDrAr8
    hi my name is erryce i love to play basketball and run track but the problem is i think im a tomboy but everyone else thinks otherwise. i love to wear skirts and dresses but im in love with basketball shorts and t-shirts with sneakers i love playing with the boys but i have alot of friends that are girls i love playing video games please help me to be a tomboy
    Do boy things. Talk about funny crap. Play videogames like a mad man 24-48 hours should do it. One last thing do not I repeate not do your homework
    mysteryperson123 Posts: 125, Reputation: 7

Jan 5, 2008, 02:20 PM
    You do not have to change for anyone, just be yourself, if you like sports and like to wear dresses etc. that's great, it is a lot better than being a complete tomboy, being a complete tomboy is not always good, you're not in a big group, I go round all summer in trousers at school because I refuse to wear a dress or a skirt and there are two groups the boys and the girls, if you're a tomboy the girls will not accept you because you are too boyish and the boys will not have anything to do with you because you are a girl, you should just be yourself and hope that works trust me I know.
    mistyrox Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 03:42 AM
    Get two of your girl friends to go with you and hang out with the boys.If there are opportunities to play sports at school like football,cricket and rugby in for it.Don't sign up for gymnastics or ballet.they are girly.Boys like boyish girls and sports.they love a sense of humour.if you have no uniform in your school then NEVER EVER wear dresses(ugh)!Do boy things play video games and you'll be tom boyish.If you have any friends that are boys they'll include you in games and you will ROCK, then you'll become popular with the boys and the girls.the girly girls like boys and will want boys to like them,so you'll have loads of friends.While you are pretending to be a boy be clever and study too.Then you will be popular with the teachers and children/teens and if you are already popular then you'll be even more.but don't get too popular otherwise some people might not like you because you take up everyone's attention.

P.S People who are too popular end up being snobbish and stuck-up.
    libbyp11 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 01:02 PM
    Yeah I'm a tomboy big whoop. I really don't care about it much because I am emo too so what? If you really want to become tomboy cut the skirts and dresses there not going to help u!! And don't even think about the girls if you want guy friends the stop with the girls!! They will like you for who you are not because your girly or not!

Sep 27, 2010, 01:03 PM
    Comment on LearningAsIGo's post
    Yeah I guess you could say that if you liked hannah montannah but I think she's dumb

Sep 27, 2010, 01:04 PM
    Comment on coolcourtney8's post
    Thts true

Sep 27, 2010, 01:05 PM
    Comment on ISneezeFunny's post
    Maybe to u but not to some people
    Eletricgreen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 01:30 PM
    I think you should act like who your are, but don't take stupid classes like, instruments and stuff. Be your best at sports, in gym, don't let anyone tell you you can't catch, or pass, I'm a tomboy, and I love I mean LOVE basket ball. Kid around, if your teacher says something that you can answer ina humorus way, then SAY IT!!
    elizacandy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 09:01 AM
    I am also trying to be a tomboy. I play basket ball soccer lacrosse and many sports.There is this girl in my class and she is the teachers pet. Every one thinks she is a tom boy just because she wears boy shirts. I wear my Adidas soccer shirt and people don't care. If people say that you are not a tom boy because you don't wear cool shirts does not matter. Just because you were not born a tom boy does not mean you are not. You can be a tom boy any time as long as you don't go shopping for dresses and go goody goody. Whenever I go shopping I go in the sports section because guess what? I am a sports fan. Try your best and don't be afraid to fit in with the boys. By the way there is a guy who has a crush on me but I don't care. If someone likes you don't like him back. Even if he is the cutest boy on earth that will make you back into a girl'y girl. You can still have friends who are girls and hang out any time with them but at lunch don't be afraid to hang at the boys table and talk with them. Next time I will tell you how to become a tom boy hope you like my advice
    lol_lol_lol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2011, 01:56 PM
    I'm a tomboy myself so its easy myself. Right first tell your friends then picture how you want to look and follow it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Fast Is To Fast in A Relationship? [ 4 Answers ]

I just met this girl about 1-2 weeks ago. On the16 we started going out. But I don't know what to do and if I do something I am afraid it is to fast. What should I do? How should I do it? When should I do it Help. I'm lost!! -wes

How do I become a girly girl for my boyfriend [ 11 Answers ]

Can you tell me some tips how to become a girly girl so I can get a boy friend I am tired of being a tomboy

Tomboy or Girly Girl [ 19 Answers ]

I need help on deciding whether I am a tomboy. I was asking myself a lot, and I need to know, so when I go on my first day of Middle School I'll be able to tell others my personality. Here are a list of hobbies and interests, and how I dress. My interests and hobbies are: Serve and Protect my...

Change into a girly girl [ 9 Answers ]

Ok guys and gals, I am afraid I have to change into a girly girl because in the future Grandma is taking me on a shopping trip, and other girly things I have to do. PLEASE HELP! What do I have to do to make this trasition? What kind of clothes do I have to wear. I don't want to be a girly girl,...

Don't know what he thinks of me [ 13 Answers ]

Hi! This is Neha and umm... I'm 11 n I really lik a guy and he's 16 ( I no 5 yrs older then me ) but I don't know what he thinks about me... n he;s miles away from me lik he lives in some other country... I don't think it will work out but who nos it might... help! :confused:

View more questions Search