Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeannations Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 04:04 PM
    How do I import old Outlook Express files onto new Vista Computer
    I have a new computer and would like to import old email files and my address book from Outlook Express onto Microsoft Email. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Jean
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Use File>Export on the old PC and then use File>Import on the Vista machine. Choose a export format that winmail can import.
    Zayne S Halsall Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

Jan 1, 2008, 01:18 AM
    To add to the correct answer that ScottGem has given (since this is the "Computers for Beginners" category), I think the following web page may well help you a bit more by giving exact step-by-step instructions:

Migrate from Outlook Express to Windows Mail | Windows Vista for Beginners

Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Import .dbx files (Outlook Express) to Windows Mail (Vista) [ 34 Answers ]

Everywhere I look I see the answer is no - I cannot do the above... but there's GOT to be a way... doesn't there? :o Any suggestions for a workaround to this?

Switching from XP to Vista on new computer - importing messages from Outlook Express [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, everyone! I hope someone can help me. I have just moved to a new computer running Vista Home Premium. I have exported all of my email messages from Outlook Express and trying to import them into Windows Mail. My messages exported as an .iaf file. Windows Mail will not recognize this file...

Migrate Outlook Express from XP to Vista [ 3 Answers ]

How do I migrate my Outlook Express address book and mail folders from my desktop with XP Pro to my new laptop with Vista basic? I am trying to use Windows Easy Transfer via CD.

Importing Outlook PST files into Vista Mail [ 0 Answers ]

I have saved my mail from my old PC on a DVD under several files .pst. On Mail with Vista, I can import these files, although I installed the old outlook software on my new PC. It says, in Mail, that I need to have outlook as the default mail provider. When I try to have my Outlook as default...

Import messages from Outlook Express 6 to Vista Windows Mail [ 6 Answers ]

I have got a new laptop with MS Vísta and Windows Mail. My old PC had Outlook Express 6. Now I want to import the OE catalogs into Windows Mail. I have copied the DBX-files to a usb-stick. I let Windows Mail try to import them by the files/import function. But the DBX-files cannot be found. How...

View more questions Search