Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Enabling administrator in Vista Home Premium
    I bought my daughter an IPOD Nano for XMas. It is requiring me to install version 7.5. When I go to install, I receive a message that the signature cannot be verified. When I contact their technical support, I am told to uninstall itunes.

However, to uninstall I am told that I do not have administrator privlidges. I have gone through cmd, net user administrator, active, but still cannot seem to get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Try this
    How to Enable Administrator Account in Vista Home Premium ? « Script(s)
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Jan 8, 2008, 10:58 AM
    I have followed the directions from the link and no luck. I have contacted HP 3 times, followed their instructions and still nothing. Any suggestions?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 11:46 AM
    You don't have to worry about the message anout the signature not being verified as what you are installing is a 3rd party software - this message just says that Microsoft has not verified to work with their systems, as it does because the makers of the software you installed was made for windows, micorsoft just does.nt recognize it and will give you no support for it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Code 19 - Vista Home Basic [ 16 Answers ]

Can anybody help me with this problem? My CD/DVD Drive does not work; in the Device Manager there is a message which says: "windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19). Please note that my PC runs with Vista...

Windows Vista Premium Error 8024402C [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Unable to get Microsoft Windows Update, error 8024402C on Windows Vista Premium with Norton Security. Michel..

Window vista home basic [ 1 Answers ]

Hello every body who you are responsible to answer my question. I have bought toshiba laptop since the last two monthes and I was enjoying in having doing with it. But uffortunatly, now it stops to operate properly ,at first it starts as if it were good (it accepts user acount and starts to...

To Vista or not to Vista that is a question... [ 9 Answers ]

Does your machine have what it takes to run Windows Vista. Find out HERE with this excellent online tool. (ActiveX is needed for this test) Now personally I will be running Vista on a test box. Hey I've got to at least try and break it, but there is no way it will be on any of my live machines...

Enabling cookies [ 1 Answers ]

How do I enable cookies for internet explorer 5

View more questions Search