Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlanelines Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Ge washer will not spin
    WJSR2080t washer will agitate in all cycles, but it will not spin nor empty. It hums. Thanks.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Dec 31, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Once I sold washers and know the useful life is about 8 yrs on average. Mine did the same thing as yours a couple of months ago. I know how much I depend on it and about how much it cost to just call a tech to the house, sos since mine was over 10 yrs old, I just bought another one.
    jlanelines Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Please allow me to answer my own question for the sake of anyone who will read the question in the future. I first took the cover off the timer. There will be a great little instruction sheet there if it has not been removed. It includes a schematic as well. It gives great instructions on removing the covers. ( you will have to push a puddy knife between the front and the top in line with the egde of the lid on both sides. That releases a couple of detent type spings in the top.) When I pulled the front cover off the unit, I looked first at the pump which is at the bottom on the right. When I tried to turn the plastic fan, I found that it was bound up. The pump was frozen. That was all that was wrong with my unit. Since the pump would not drain the water from the tub, it would not continue to cycle. I know that I will eventually have to replace the pump because whatever caused it to bind will eventually occur again. The part is available on line and costs about $50.00. It would be very easy to replace.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 08:47 PM
    I know what the problem is -- your pump is bound up

When it engages -- the motor buzzes because it can't turn

I remember this because a small kids sock stopped mine

If you wash small items -- buy a bag to contain them during wash
    Half-Pint Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 06:56 AM
    I just want to thank you so much for putting this on the site. I can't believe how easy it was to fix my washer. I came in to work and typed in the model number and up popped your advice. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It was just like you put it. No money spent. Thanks, from a single mother. I love being able to do it myself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a GE washer in the past 6 months and for some reason have had it break down 3 times now. Every time the washer just decides not to do the final spin cycle. In the past repair men have said that the motor is getting worn out. How is it that 2 pairs of pants and 2 t-shirts wear out a...

Washer won't spin! [ 4 Answers ]

Won't spin with a load in it, but will spin empty. HELP!! :confused:

GE Washer won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry for the wrong title - I did some additional test and apparently my original thought is wrong... The model # is WNSE4200A0WW. I took off the cabinet and it is a belt-drive model. The belt feels fine. The motor is running and the belt is working, then within a minute, there are loud noise...

View more questions Search