Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dallasnut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Microhood installation
    I am having a microhood installed over my electric range and need to know the minimum clearance that's possible so as not to ruin the microhood.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Dec 31, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallasnut
    I am having a microhood installed over my electric range and need to know the minimum clearance that's possible so as not to ruin the microhood.
    I think it's about 14 -16 inches from the range surface to the bottom on the microhood. Since I am not exact, call either an appliance repairman or a retailer who handles microhoods (call the one you purchase it from and one other source to make sure you get the right answer. I am sure you can find the answer online but not sure what site is best.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 31, 2007, 05:03 PM
    If you have the brand/model # you can get the install instructions online. I think Richard is pretty much on the money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install a microhood [ 2 Answers ]

How do I install a microhood

Venting Microhood [ 1 Answers ]

I paid extra money to have my microhood vented outside. The vent is a 3 1/4 X 10, which converts to a 4" and vents outside the townhouse. Everything I read states that it must be at least a 6" round to get the proper CFM. The HVAC guy showed up today and is in total disagreement. He stated it...

Microhood installation [ 7 Answers ]

I am planning to upgrade my kitchen & I want to replace my fan hood with an over the stove microwave oven. The fan hood that is now in place vents to the outside through the house wall. The cabinet over the fan is 18 inches high and I plan to replace it with a 12 inch cabinet to accommodate the...

Microhood vent to outside [ 4 Answers ]

I have a couple quick (hopefully easy) venting questions and I'll provide more details as requested. 1) how does one go about connecting 3 1/4" x 10" ducting together? I want to make a short flange piece that feeds from the inside of the kitchen wall (behind the microhood) heading outside where it...

Microhood install [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a microhood and the install guidel recommends a dedicated line with 20 amp circuit. The microhood is rated at 1100 watts. Can I use a 15 amp circuit. Only other thing running are some garage lights. Thanks for the help.

View more questions Search