Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Laptop shutsdown
    After I charge my dell laptop and turn it on then after a few minutes it will shutdown. I believe it is the battery because I have not received other information nor have I added any programs and it totally shuts down.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2007, 08:17 AM
    How old is the laptop and battery?
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2007, 02:55 PM
    My laptop is one year old .
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Are your air vents clean? My husband's kept overheating and shutting down. A few minutes and half a can of compressed air solved the problem.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2007, 03:39 PM
    It it still under warranty? Its possible the battery is bad. You can now take it Best Buy to have the Geek Squad check it out.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 08:19 PM
    I would think the battery or your power settings with sleep mode or hibernate, check your power option in control panel or the laptop power settings
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Is your laptop getting overheated? There are cooling pads now for laptops. Just a thought.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2007, 08:36 PM
    I will note, that at least with my Dell, I have had a lot of major issues, I have had to replace the mother board twice within 18 months, had to replace the keyboard 3 times in 18 months, the screen twice, and a few other boards.

Now Dell has a wonderful warranty program, and this is one of the few things you want the upgraded warranty to have onsite repair.

They send all the parts no question asked and have always fixed it.

They also have a good tech department, you call them and they help you figure out what it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

Goodman Furnace Shutsdown [ 9 Answers ]

Steps I have taken to repair Goodman Model # GUI100-4 1. Discovered furnace at church was inoperative. 2. Checked Thermostat /OK 3. Checked 115VAC / OK 4. Checked 24V / OK 5. Followed 24v to Safety Thermocoupler. Thermocoupler was open. 6. Shorted Thermocoupler with wire. Furnace started up....

Looking for a laptop [ 9 Answers ]

I'm looking for a laptop that will help me with my course at uni, (computer games development) I've been to a few shops and had a look online, in the shops they said I would want one with a 'dedicated' graphics card because it would be better than a normal 1 with double the MB and one guy said look...

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

My laptop [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this is Cliff Wise Last nignt my labtop Computer turned off so I went to turn it on it was loading then a blue screen came up it said Program has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen ...

View more questions Search