Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    btle114 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 02:35 AM
    What to say to a man you haven't seen in ten years?
    I recently saw a man from my past who I haven't seen in at least ten years. We did not talk but did make eye contact. I looked him up in the phone book, but what do I say to him on the phone? I found out that he is recently divorced and would like to catch up on the last ten years. How do you call someone out of the blue and what's my excuse for calling? We never dated but would have liked to. HELP ME PLEASE!!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 02:48 AM
    Just call. Tell him who you are, just in case. Tell him how fun it was to see him again. Ask him how he's doing. If it feel right, ask him out for a drink.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Who told you that he wants to catch up with you? If so, why isn't he calling you? What is with the eye contact and no conversation? Anyone with manners would have at least acknowledged you and greeted you. He had the opportunity right there and did not take it? Is he worth it?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 06:15 AM
    "Was that really you I saw last Thursday?' Meet him for coffee. Let him answer and get off the phone; no interviews, yet.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 06:56 AM
    I agree with shygrneyzs. We each remember a relationship differently, he may not remember it as you do. And if you are the one to make the first move you might have to be prepared to lead throughout the whole relationship. No. I say leave well enough alone. If there had been anything there one of you would have said something. I think you're just curious. Satisfy your curiosity by all means but don't expect too much.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 09:13 PM
    I agree with George because many men are poor communicators. You may have left before he thought it through, remembered who you were, etc. He may be a jerk. That's why you meet with him for coffee in a public place. Once you find out, it's OK to tell him you'd rather not see him any more. Being safe or polite is a game, where the whole story is a guess or an assumption. No one can read your mind, or his.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been fri [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been friends since I was 17 and about 3 years ago that grew into something more. He is everything to me my best friend my lover and my partner. There is no one I would like to spend my time with except for him. He is 56...

Ontario / Seven years done... Now seven more years? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada and have waited seven years for a TD Bank entry to come off the "Credit Information" section on my Equifax report, It's come off but now there's a completely new entry in the "Collection Accounts" section for the same arrears handed over to a collection agency. I thought...

5th School in 9 years, 3rd school in 5 years . [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I have a few questions about visitation and Bio mom moving to yet another school district. 1. Bio mom has convinced oldest SD that money is more important than family, we have tried to get her to come home over the last two years... she refuses and BM does not make her( cops won't follow...

Almost 10 years and now this. [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all, After reading all these threads, and the variety of situations, I come to wonder if any of the outcome have been a happy one. I am in a similar situation but I am preparing for the worst. I thought I may share my pain here as well. My relationship started when I was 19 and...

Trying for 2 years [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying for almost two years. But the doctors dignose me a large fibroid on my uterus. I don't think this is the cause but I decided to remove the fibroid and pray my god. Please tell me if you have anything like this also caused infertility/

View more questions Search