Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Calleigh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 10:06 PM
    Leaky floor after heavy snow and thaw
    I have never had any basement leaks before, but today I went down to do the laundry and noticed water coming in in a couple of areas in the basement. I live in the Rocky Mountains and it is usually cold here in the winter but right now after quite a bit of snow it is getting mild.

What do I do about the water, etc. It is too cold outside to repair anything outside.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Calleigh
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 11, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Your foundation may have a curtain drain leading to a sump pump. Do you know if that is how it was built? Once a leak starts it is usually in the crack between the fllor and the wall or a wall crack near a window. This is difficult to repair until it stops leaking so, for now, use a wet/dry vac to suck up the water or through a stack on newspaper on the floor if the leak is just seeping. Once it is dry you could try something like this product.http://doitbest.com/Concrete+patch+a...sku-262325.dib I hade a very active leak that neede a permanet repair before finishing the basement. I install something that was called a Beaver Dam at the time, newer owners have changed the name. http://www.bdws.com/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I thaw frozen pipes in a wall? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a frozen pipe in a wall. The pipe goes from the basement to the 2nd floor How do I thaw it without tearing the wall out?

Leaky Shower Bad Grout or Leaky Shower Pan [ 4 Answers ]

I recently bought a townhouse that had the upstairs bathroom redone completely with a walk it tile shower. I have been there a year and recently noticed that the grout is slightly cracked around the base (floor and walls). I have also noticed mold that I have sprayed in the grout (Since leaving...

Snow blower not picking up snow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Noma 5.0 HP snow blower that is not working correctly. The shears are not turning and picking up the snow. I've checked the shear pins, but they seem to be in good condition. What else should I check? Thanks

Snow thrower not throwing snow?! [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I shear one of the shear pins on my snow thrower tines I had replaced but the tines are not moving at all. (I hit a cement step while clearing the snow of a neighboard's driveway) Could some one let me know where I should start looking at? I don't want to disassemble more than I don't...

About testing to identify a leaky shower pan on the 2nd floor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am in the process of identifying and looking for the possibility to fix a second floor shower leak. This is five-year-old single-family house. Several months ago, I happened to find some water markers on the ceiling when I laid down on the first floor for a break. These water markers are...

View more questions Search