Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Dec 30, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Is one of my subs blown
    I just got a new amp for my 15s and it works great, maybe too good

The max RMS on the subs are 500 4ohms and the amp is 900 so each sub is getting 450 at 2 ohms and 370 at 4 ohms

I was just sitting around listing to my music and I wanted to get out and check my subs, so I truned down the music first just to make sure every thing was good be for I truned it back up, one of my subs was hitting really different to my other sub, if any one you know the song 2step by Unk, that is the song I had on, and when it got to the lower bass the sub would just hit then back off then hit again then back off again, and the other sub would hit and keep vibrating and then hit and keep vibrating.

What is wrong with my sub?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 04:28 PM
    One could be blown. The one good driver could be pushing the other like a passive radiator.
    Put an ohm meter across each sub. One should read 4 ohm, and the other should be infinity (open coil).

Jan 1, 2008, 05:03 PM
    I was told it was clipping because I'm pushing too much power, how is that, I have the right amp for the subs?
    bmarigoni Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 08:25 AM
    I'm not sure if you fixed your problem or not, but one sub may also be running reverse of the other. If you have the positive and negative hooked up properly on one sub, and you have them reversed on the other side, your subs will kind of cancel each other out in a way. One will hit fairly hard and the other will sort of just look like it is being pushed around by the other one.

Just a thought.

Jan 26, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Lol, thanks for the advice but I have already switched to two 12in Type Rs and I like them a lot better than the 15s I had

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring dual 2 ohms subs to 4 ohm load [ 1 Answers ]

How do you wire dual 2 ohm subs to a 4 ohms load on a monoblock amp that is 2 ohm stable

I want subs/amps? I need help! =] [ 2 Answers ]

OK so heres the deal. I have a 2000 toyota corolla. but one problem... im electronically retarted. sooo if i want more bass... do i put in some subs or amps?? :confused: problly is a bad question but im not sure. like what do i need for this?! HELPPP ME!

Blown gasket or blown cilynder [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... lets get down to it... I know nothing about cars... I am 17 and a girl and my dad know about as much about cars as I do. Well here's what's happened with my '97 saturn SL1 in the past few weeks. ~My oil light comes on... I tell my dad and he tells me to check it. My boyfriend and I check...

View more questions Search