Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lazorr78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Late 70's early 80's cartoon
    Does anyone remember the name of that cartoon where there was a battleship made into a spaceship that's all I remember about it
    jessb Posts: 290, Reputation: 51

Dec 31, 2007, 03:38 AM
    Space Cruiser Yamato or Star Blazers;

Originally japaniese anima name was... Space Battleship Yamato

Hope this helped
    Space Battleship Yamato (spaceship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    lurchmob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 09:53 PM
    Robotech, (it was an aircraft carrier type battle station), "The Macross Saga"
    Lucas2009 Posts: 129, Reputation: 21

Oct 12, 2009, 04:48 AM
    I think StarBlazers as well. Check out intro on YouTube:

YouTube - Star Blazers Theme (English Version)
    creesh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2013, 12:18 PM
    Old anime I thinked called "Express train 99" had the battle ship with huge blaster in the bow. And a space train. Boy's mother killed by cyborg. Boy hunts down cyborg for revenge.
    jamest68 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2013, 02:43 AM
    Space Battle Ship Yamato, called Star Blazers when it was released in the US was a show set during an invasion of, if I'm remembering it correctly, an alien race called the Gamelon led by Leader Deslok. They bombarded Earthbwith radiation and caused the human to retreat underground. Due to the oceans boiling off the WWII battleship the Yamato is exposed and the Earth government decides to retrofit it as a space going battle cruiser equipped with the Wave Motion Gun, a powerful weapon developed by Earth scientists. The crew included Derek Wildstar and Nova, his love interest. The second season was also broadcast where humanity and the remnants of the defeated Gamelon, still led by Leader Deslok, had to band together to fight the Comet Empire. There was a third season which I haven't seen and don't know about. There was also a comic book adaptation of the US version of the show in the eighties.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know of a 70's or 80's era anime space saga... [ 2 Answers ]

The characters are comprised of a princess, a very strong pilot-warrior who weilds a staff (think of how the Monkey King got a hold of his magic staff: it was a huge rocketship-sized pillar that the pilot picked up and spun around until it shrunk to the size of a bo staff)... they both travel in a...

Late 70's early 80's space cartoon [ 2 Answers ]

I remember a cartoon about a space "cowboy"(maybe) he wore a large brimmed hat and a black cloak.. he also had a big scar down one side of his face. And wore laser pistols. Anybody remember the name of the cartoon??

Movie from early 80's or late 70's.. Can you name it? [ 3 Answers ]

I never caught the name of this movie, but have been looking for the title for at least 25 years. It opens up and this young guy is hitchhiking. A car picks him up, but the driver has stolen the car. They wreck and the driver is killed. Somehow, it appears like the hitchhiker is the car thief and a...

Romance late 70's early 80's [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for the name and author of a book. The story takes place in the 1800's and is about a young woman named Tess who works in a tavern and ends up married to Morgan. He takes her to his plantation where they start their life. Also part of the story centers around Tess helping to free...

View more questions Search