Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    midwestocean Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Small Business Tax Refund
    I own an online publication that I operate from my home and is sponsored by advertisers.
    I started it in August.

What goes into deciding whether a small business gets a tax refund?

Thanks you.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 31, 2007, 12:06 AM
    The BUSINESS does not get a refund; you do. The business is added to your personel tax return using Schedule C. Exactly how it affects your taxes overall will depend on whether you made a net profit or not.

The rules are different if the business is a partnership or corporation, but you did not indicate that
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Dec 31, 2007, 01:02 AM
    Whatever you earn from your home income must be included in your income. This income is also subject to SE tax at 15.3%. You must file tax return if you meet the filing requirement or if yourself employed income is $400 or more.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 1, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Agreed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small business [ 1 Answers ]

How can I start a smaal ready delivery concrete company in new orleans la.

Looking for small town business-to-business service need I'm qualified for [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can help! Some entrepreneur who's already made this discovery and who can hep me do similar. Seems everything I can think of nobody would pay any $ for me to do. I am 7 yr stay at home MOM w/ 2 kids now just both in school and I really need to find work I can do to...

Small business [ 1 Answers ]

I want to open a small restaurant in San Antonio Texas .What kind of permits and where do I get them .

Small business [ 3 Answers ]

How do I even begin to start my own business. How do I get my name out into the public, and how do I get people to come to my business?

Small business mailings [ 1 Answers ]

What is cheapest way to mail small mail order products?

View more questions Search