Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 06:47 PM
    So its 2008 soon! My journey + a year on. And advise + goodbye
    So all its 2008 for me tonight in England. I want to let go now of the past, jees I am nearly only 22 and I ve put all this effort into one girl!! I wonder what she would make of it all, she would probably hit me and tell me to get on with my life (dam what's wrong with me).

I can probably say this 2007 has been one of the more 'dramatic' years of my life. I have gained confidence, got a great job, changed Myself around, been dumped by my first 'love', had loads of amazing experiances and the list will go on next year to :)

2008 for me will mark the end of my formal 'education' with me completing my four year degree, hopefully well! I hope to go on my first proper travelling experience backpacking central america as well as further enhancing my career prospects by gaining additional qualifications in I.T. In 2009 I hope to further my travelling doing the whole of the U.S. and canada followed by teaching I.T. in sri lanka.

So hopefully the next few years will open my eyes to the world so I can finally become secure in who I am. Ready perhaps for someone to come along whenever that may be...

With regards to the ex? Well Ive been NC for 6 months now. I still think of her every day but its just the time of year I think. When I am busy with work and uni she hardly every crosses my mind.Though I hope to one day speak to her, be friends etc... when the dust has settled. However this will be only when I am ready and I can't see that being for a while yet.

Advise and points:

1) My advise to anyone else reading this to follow no contact as ignorance truly is bliss.

2) Try not to burn any bridges with an ex or anyone for that matter. If they want to be friends, be adult, tell them you can't be friends right now and ask that you don't speak for a while. This could mean you don't speak again. The idea is to get yourself back!

3) You must be a happy, independent, single person who 'loves' themselves before you should be in any relationship.

4) You should never revolve your life around a relationship. Have a life separate from your partner with your own separate hobbies, interests and friends.

5) Life goes on despite what happens in our lives, death, famine, break ups. Most people on this planet if not all have experienced some sort of heart ache, which means you are never alone. Speak to people, don't bottle it all in.

6) At the end of a breakup, its natural to feel the world has come to an end. It hasn't! Trust me, it took a while but Ive made it. Time really helps us gain a better perspective on things.

7) You allways take something away from a relationship. It is a lesson learnt for one. We learn what we want in a future relationship and what we don't want.

8) Keeping busy, spending time with your friends/family, changing your lifestyle around, not letting people take advantage of you are all things Ive worked on this year and these have helped me move on with my life. Ploughing your effort into other things really does help.

So its time to say bye for now. I need to get a life, stop focusing on relationships which bring back to me constant reminders of my ex! Concentrate on the end of my degree. I will be back now and again I am sure in the future.

So chow and keep up the good work all, these forums truly do help people. They've given me a greater understanding of the world and relationships which I am sure I will hold till the day I die.

I am not one for new years resolutions and stuff but I will try to make this new year a special one! Good luck to you all and make changes in your life to make it happen for you. You're the only one who can.

You have only one life is my motto! SOOO LIVEEE IT
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 06:49 PM
    You've already got a life Jiser! :)

Thanks for the intelligent words given to the forum!

Keep up with your hard work, hope to see you again.

Happy New Year!
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Happy New Year and best of luck and success.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 09:03 PM
    All the best, and thanks for being here.
    crushedovernover Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Dec 30, 2007, 09:44 PM
    Cheers.
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Jan 1, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Well said and done, Jis! I have to say that this site really helps and people here are great, including you.

So Happy New Year!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about a princess or girl on a journey [ 4 Answers ]

This is terrible, I hardly remember anything about this film. Made sometime in the1980's. I believe it is an animated film (could be a TV show series) about a beautiful girl (who might be a princess) that has long blonde hair with a golden streek in it. There is one scene I believe in a forrest...

Seeking advise on giving advise [ 1 Answers ]

If you are sharing in a living situation with someone who you've found to be kind of a slob, i.e. not doing any cleaning nor taking care of personal hygiene, and it poses a health risk to both of you, how would you go about telling that person to cleanup? How can you tell another person that they...

Fix has to say goodbye. [ 32 Answers ]

Its my fault, I gave away too much info about certain things and now somebody has found me, again. I want to say to everyone I have spoken to over the last few months.. thankyou. Thanks for the invaluble advice I have received from some of you... all of you.. the person right now that is sticking...

Is it time to say goodbye? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 39, the guy I have been dating for 5 yrs is 62, he is good looking, very smart, funny, he is quite capable of taking care of himself(financially, physically). I have not met any of his kids(except one, Jen and I have been friends for 8 yrs), I met his brother by accident, he has asked me to...

We are on a journey... [ 17 Answers ]

'It's not just about looking for the right qualities, it's about the connection. When sparks start flying and you click with someone - just as Pete and I did. I just knew. He does not have all the qualities I was dreaming of in a Man, but he is so special and as wildcat said "Different" and that's...

View more questions Search