Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ambsizsolo1 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 05:12 PM
    A frined of mine has received an inheritance.
    She has never had the type of money that she now has and has been very skeptical of the anyone wanting to help her invest. What are some pointers I can give her on her options on investing that money? What are the necessary steps to take in ensuring her money will be safe? She has already had a few of the largest banks take a cut out of her money or they play games with the release date, she is desperate for answers. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 06:16 PM
    How much money is it, advice on investing is different depending on the amount of money and their age and their desires of results.

If it is 10,000 and they are young, and don't mind it being at some risk,

1.there are some good mutual funds that may be looked at
    2. there are muncipal bonds that are normally safe with good returns.
    3. with the real estate at a lowering level, owning some rental properties right now, knowing that over a 10 or 15 year period real estate will still be going up.
    4. I really don't like Gold as an investment ( I lost thousands in it back in the 80's) but there is a lot of money in investment quality gold.

They should go to get advice from an investment person that does not work on any commission basis,
    KCDave Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Dec 31, 2007, 09:32 PM
    Have her look in the phone book for a "fee based" financial planner. They will give her an unbiased opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She's mine all mine, song [ 1 Answers ]

It kind of an upbeat rock song and I'm not sure who sings it. Those are the only words I know lol

I'm in love with my x boyfrineds best frined [ 22 Answers ]

Ok.. so her here's thing I liked this kid lets just say darryl and I guess he liked me but I was scared to tell him I liked him cause I didn't want a realiship. Me and darryl were just friend then one day he introced me to his friend and we hit it offf and started going out but I still kind of had...

Haven't received yet? [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé and I got our taxes done by a friend of ours and sent them out a little over a month ago, and well we still haven't received our tax returns. Who or where can I contact about that? Thank you :cool:

I have not received my w-2s [ 2 Answers ]

What do I do ,I have not received my tax papers in the mail from one of my jobs

Not received [ 3 Answers ]

:( I am wondering what I can do about one company I worked for for three months during 05 They have not sent me my w2 yet I have called them every day for the last two weeks and they keep saying they don't know what they did with it Is there someplace I can turn them into that will help...

View more questions Search