Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anticuchos Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2005, 06:21 AM
    When does nutrition get absorbed after eating?
    When does nutrition get absorbed by the body after eating?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2005, 07:05 AM
    Digestion
    Hi,
    You might not be a "kid", but this is a good information site:
    http://kidshealth.org/kid/body/digest_noSW.html

The body can digest (break down) what you eat or drink, from a couple of hours to maybe a couple of days, depending on what you have eaten.
    Liquids digest and are absorbed by the body faster than most solids.
    That's why if you get a "shot" at the doctor's office for antibotics, it works faster than pills, for getting into the blood stream. Liquids also work faster than pills.
    Happy New Year!
    rick23 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2006, 01:14 PM
    There are three main food groups Fat, carbohydrate and Protein. There are two separate groups of carbohydrates termed simple and complex, simple carbs or sugary carbs are found in foods such as pasta, white bread, potatoes etc, these are absorbed quickly into the body 20-60 minutes and are useful just before exercise, complex carbs found in foods such as brown bread, wholemeal pasta, wholegrain cereals, these foods are absorbed less quickly into the body 1-3hrs, and consequently keep you fuller for longer. Fat and protein also have a high satieting effect (keep fuller for longer) and are absorbed within about 30-120mins. I am recalling my unversity knowledge there so times may not be exact, hope that helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nutrition [ 4 Answers ]

Calculate the actual number of Kcal provided if diet consists of: 55% CHO, 15% protein, 30%fat and the total Kcal is 2200.

Eating [ 16 Answers ]

Hi today I went to school and had like some crisps from one of my mates because I was hungry - that was at break - then at lunch I wasn't hungry at all. I haven't eaten since Tuesday night because yesterday I was just not hungry and then at dinner/tea etc time I had pizza but it made me feel sick...

Nutrition/Vitamins [ 17 Answers ]

I'm a very picky eater.. and I don't get enough iron or vitamins.. and I don't like to eat meat that much.. and I've been getting really dizzy.. and I've had to give blood because I almost fainted.. and I keep on getting really dizzy when I get up or when I start walking around.. and I'm not sure...

Not Eating [ 3 Answers ]

I got my dog recentlyfrom a firend who can't keep him anymore and its said its half shitzou and half something else but not sure. When I first got it it ate everything we fed it human food dog food. But yesturday the ENTIRE day he ate absolutely NOTHING at all! Now I hear her stomach growling and...

HarmonyAHead - the first-ever self awareness, nutrition, virtual exhibition [ 1 Answers ]

For your Information : HarmonyAHead is the first-ever self awareness, nutrition, ecology and environment virtual exhibition. It is scheduled to make its Worldwide debut Sep. 1st 2005, for a period of 4 months, Till the 31st of December 2005, open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The Internet...

View more questions Search