Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edpark36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Do I need to give 60 days notice when on month-to-month lease?
    My one-year lease will end on February 29, 2008. In December landlord send me a renewal notice. I will choose the option of month-to-month, with an 8 percent rent increase. But do I still need to give 60 notice?

My one-year lease requires 60 notice.

I live in Yardley, PA.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 01:04 PM
    In most cases, the actual other terms of the lease will remain valid, such as rules to follow, merely the time frame of the lease and the ability to be released changes. So I would believe unless there is something in the lease that says otherwise, or unless the landlord agrees to other terms, it would remain 60 days, but best place to find out, ask the landlord what they are requiring of you on the new agreement

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Notice required on a month to month lease? [ 9 Answers ]

I signed a 1 year lease that ended on July 31, 2006 in Minnesota. The lease states that if resident stays in the apt after the lease ends, with managements approval, it becomes a month to month lease. I stayed. The notice period stated in the lease is 60 days, effective the last day of the month....

Breaking a month to month lease that was signed 2 days ago. [ 1 Answers ]

Would I Be Able To Collect Back Money Paid To A Lessor For Security Deposit And 1st Months Rent If Apartment Is Not In A Sanitary And Safe Condition And the Lease Was Signed 2 Days Ago And Never Moved Into The Apartment And The Lease Is Month To Month

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice) [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?

View more questions Search