Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Old school records
    I don't know what topic my qeustion would be under? I need to know where I can find my school records from a closed business school that I attended in the 1990's?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 11:48 AM
    It is very possible that you may not be able to get them, If the school was bought out, or if they transferred their records to someone else. You can check with the Dept of Education for your state if they know of any inofrmation. But many private schools if they close, their records are not available any longer
    luvmylab Posts: 90, Reputation: 7

Feb 22, 2008, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bmc
    i dont know what topic my qeustion would be under? i need to know where i can find my school records from a closed business school that i attended in the 1990's?
    Every school that closes must turn over their student records to the state department. Contact the Board of Education in your state. If you can't find what you need let me know which state you live in and I can get you the information that you need.
    gvblucy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bmc
    i dont know what topic my qeustion would be under? i need to know where i can find my school records from a closed business school that i attended in the 1990's?
    I attended two schools in connecticut late sixties early seventies. I need to know how i can get a copy of school records from two schools. Need info desperately.

Apr 8, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Vocational and Degree Granting
    Connecticut Department of Higher Education
    61 Woodland St.
    Hartford, CT 06105
    (860) 947-1818
    FAX: (860) 947-1310
    Connecticut Department of Higher Education

Try this one first. If they can't help you ask them to direct you to who can help you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Luvmylab may be correct regarding public schools but this might be a private business school not accredited by any authority. A business school isn't under the definition k-12 and universities. I am not here to go around giving red marks to folks but I think Fr-Chuck may be correct if this was a private business school. My cousin went to beauty school and I don't expect her records are now sitting at the State School Superintendents Office of records.

Apr 9, 2008, 06:12 AM
    I work in Higher Education and even private for profit schools have to turn over their records to the state if they closed. The only except would be diploma mills but they aren't really school. Trade schools, business schools, beauty schools all turn over student records. Student records belong to the student, which mean the student must have access.
    pujo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 06:29 AM
    Elk park nc school

Dec 22, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Vocational and Degree Granting

NC Community College System
    200 West Jones St.
    5026 MSC
    Raleigh, NC 27699
    (919) 733-7051
    FAX: (919) 733-0068
    Welcome

Schools in North Carolina are served by the Atlanta Case Management Team.

Start Here!
    6philip9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 11:37 AM

I went to high school in Virginia, at a private Christian school, which has since closed. How do I get a copy of my transcripts?

Mar 20, 2009, 06:02 AM

6philip9

Start here, I couldn't find much with what you gave me so if this doesn't help post more information about the school.

Virginia Council for Private Education
    1901 Huguenot Road, Suite 301
    Richmond, Virginia 23235
    804.423.6435 V
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 21, 2009, 11:06 AM

Lumylab, nearly a year ago I stated you might be correct. I further gave an example of a beauty school. Now a year later you come back and gave me a inaccurate rating. Not sure why you decided to do this now but since you seem prone to giving folks reddie marks I just gave you one for you comment the records go to the State Department, this is incorrect. Individual states have their own Departments of Education or State School Boards who may archieve records but not the State Department. By the way, I too work in higher education as well as 35 years in K-12 education.
    marvinmlt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bmc View Post
    technical career institute

Sep 28, 2009, 11:31 AM
    Need two find old records from TECHNICAL CAREER INSTITUTE in Mt.Clement,Michigan

Sep 28, 2009, 11:34 AM
    What do u need two help me
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylab View Post
    6philip9

Start here, I couldn't find much with what you gave me so if this doesn't help post more information about the school.

Virginia Council for Private Education
    1901 Huguenot Road, Suite 301
    Richmond, Virginia 23235
    804.423.6435 V

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

School records [ 2 Answers ]

How long are schools required to hold on to a student's withdrawl records. We have student withdrawl records formthe 1980's and 90's. Thanks

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

School grant to go back to school [ 3 Answers ]

I am a single 48 yr old lady and I don't have mean to just go back to school but I work as a nursing asst but would like to know how to go back to school is there any grants that will help me do so?

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

Is it possible for me to get the records [ 3 Answers ]

Two years ago someone called 911 because of the door being ajar. The question is do police keep this records and if so can you tell me how to get it. Or can the lawyer get the report?

View more questions Search