Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bustertypsy Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Dec 30, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Is a Happy New Year text OK after 3 months of NC?
    I am thinking of sending my ex a Happy New Year text tomorrow night.We are split up 3 months and I have been in total NC.Does it seem a good idea or am I going to set myself back in the healing process? What if she is hoping I send her a text and I don't?
    Any opinions would be very welcome
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Wasting your time on it, and I would be also, so it's raining both places.
    lavenderly Posts: 88, Reputation: 23

Dec 30, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Heard of the saying that says "You are not really healed unless you are 3 years and 3 months away from a broken relationship"?

U have only 3 months of NC. Far from the ideal figure of 39 months. Ok, OK... it could be a little exaggerated. But 3 months and you want to text her? Don't consider it please.

U have better things to do on New Year, don't u? You mean your life is so dull that you can only think of messaging an ex? Show her that you are enjoying life now. Most importantly, do not put yourself in for temptation. 3 months' efforts must not be wasted.
    allswell Posts: 23, Reputation: 16

Dec 30, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Hello. You will most likely retard your healing process by sending her the text, particularly if you have an agenda--as in, maybe my text will make her realize how much she misses me and pave the road for reconciliation. As for her expecting a text and not getting one... well, she also has fingers and can do the texting, too.

However, if you TRULY only want to send someone you once cared for a polite, thoughtful text, with no ulterior motive, with no expectations whatsoever, then do it. I doubt that that is the situation you are in, assuming you have plenty of other friends whom you can text. It sounds like you are still not over this girl, so keep up the good work, and don't send her anything.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 11:43 AM
    I think a text message would be terrible. You are looking for an answer; immediate gratification. The only exception I would consider is a card with no return address. But I wouldn't do that either.
    bustertypsy Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Dec 30, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Hey thanks folks for your replies.I was toying with the idea,but just posted to see what reaction I would receive.I don't think I would have sent the text,but your replies have reinforced that thought.That was the purpose of my post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you say Happy New Year in your language ? [ 4 Answers ]

What date does it fall on ? How do you celebrate it ? How long does it last ? Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year [ 18 Answers ]

:) Happy New Year to all at AMHD :) http://marvin.kset.org/~chatko/happy-new-year.jpg May all your dreams and wishes come true and everyone has a great New Year !!

View more questions Search