Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 10:53 AM
    For professional football fans
    :) Shouldn't everyone want the Patriots to continue their winning streak? Don't you want the Pats to go to the Super Bowl undefeated so that your team has the opportunity to beat them, end the streak, and get your team into the record book for two reasons?
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Dec 31, 2007, 07:03 PM
    George that is a great point and one I'm surprised I didn't think about. You are absolutely right. When the Green Bay Packers beat the Patriots it will double the pleasure of the win. Not that our QB hasn't set plenty of records already.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Just popping my head in...

GO COWBOYS!! :p
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Dec 31, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Where do all these Cowboy fans come from. I swear this site is infested with them. Where are all of my beloved, loyal packer fans??
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 31, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Had to pop in myself and say for my hubby... Gooooo Saints and LSU. Personally, I can't stand to watch football. So, good luck to all of your teams.

Leaving as I start the

W V
    A E... That's about all I know of football... "The Wave" (Isn't that what they call it?)... hehehehehe

EDIT::: Oh man, that didn't show how I wanted it to... crap
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by life1973happened
    Where do all these Cowboy fans come from. I swear this site is infested with them. Where are all of my beloved, loyal packer fans???
    Other than my husband (and he doesn't even watch football so he doesn't count), I have never even met a packers fan. Actually most people I know say they can't stand them.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Say it ain't so, Nautical! Lol.

I, for one, am hoping the Pack beats NE. Does not matter if it is only by one point. Just want to see it happen. Great way for Favre to add to his year. Just plain great for the Pack and all the cheeseheads.
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Say it ain't so, Nautical! lol.
    LOL.. I don't even know any specific reason why people around here don't like them, they just don't for some reason. There is no specific team that I "cant stand", I like football no matter who is playing, I just prefer the Cowboys. I actually like to watch the Bears play too.
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Packer fans must be out celebrating tonight, cheese and eggnog, you think? I don't know how they will get all those yankees into Phoenix.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Hopefully the Packers are sound asleep and will wake up bright and early and hit the training room. They will need every miracle possible for the upcoming game. What is the saying, "any given Sunday?" NE can fall.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Is that the HOCKEY team?

KBC
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2008, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by life1973happened
    Where do all these Cowboy fans come from. I swear this site is infested with them. Where are all of my beloved, loyal packer fans???
    Packers fans are out having a life, Texans are relegated to staying home on a computer. :D
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 1, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    What is the saying, "any given Sunday?" NE can fall.
    Hey, wasn't the Giants game a good one?? Woo-Hooo!

Any team that takes to the field against the Pats stands the chance to beat them.

Or lose to them.

The more teams the Pats see, the more the odds stack against them.
    Imagine any team in the league facing all the other teams: eventually someone may find a way to pull out a win. I'm hoping the play-offs will be as competitive and as exciting as the regular season was.. for me at least!

I can't wait!

GO PATRIOTS!!
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 08:10 AM
    About the Cowboys and Redskins: I've always believed in a 'therapeutic loss', one that re-energizes a team. But it probably should come earlier in the season.
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Jan 1, 2008, 09:16 PM
    On the list of "if my team doesn't win the Superbowl then I hope (name team) will win." It seems the Packers would come up a lot.
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 09:18 PM
    But the Cowboys are "America's team", right?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 2, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    But the Cowboys are "America's team", right?
    Some may have said that, but fan support across the league would suggest otherwise.

I've been a Pats fan since the early eighties. It hasn't always been easy. But it's not until recently that so many people have come up to me and told me that they, too, are Pats fans!

Hmmm...
    13sldr Posts: 237, Reputation: 17

Jan 3, 2008, 12:38 AM
    You guys don't understand the Pats, in the first half they read the team, then in the second half they use that against them, and we all saw what the Pats did to the Giants (22 unanswered points, 3 records broken in one play) also what they did to the dolphins and the redskins who were ranked number 5 deffence at the time, correct me if I am wrong but it looks like greenbay is ranked number 11 defence and on offence they are ranked at number 2 but Pats are at number 1, so I really think there is not chance for greenbay. Greenbay has a recored of 13-3 and Pats have 16-0!! And how do you loose to the bears twice and loose to the cowboys
    Wangdoodle Posts: 217, Reputation: 50

Jan 3, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 13sldr
    you guys dont understand the Pats, in the first half they read the team, then in the second half they use that against them, and we all saw what the Pats did to the Giants (22 unanswered points, 3 records broken in one play) also what they did to the dolphins and the redskins who were ranked number 5 deffence at the time, correct me if i am wrong but it looks like greenbay is ranked number 11 defence and on offence they are ranked at number 2 but Pats are at number 1, so i really think there is not chance for greenbay. greenbay has a recored of 13-3 and Pats have 16-0!!! and how do you loose to the bears twice and loose to the cowboys
    I'm not saying the Packers are going to win. Just thinking that many people might be rooting for them if their team gets nocked off. It goes without saying that the Pats are the best team in football.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 09:10 AM
    The NY press spun the Giant loss to the Pats as a win because we hung in there . It may propel the Gnats to a win against the Bucs but we lost pretty convincingly to the Pack week 2. But as I always say ;the Gnats have a puncher's chance .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Can be a professional [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Shnaice. I am 14 years old going to the 9th grade. I want to become a pro in singing because this always been my dream I just don't know where to start. I like the idea of American Idol but I don't want to compete I want to make it another way. I'm trying to think of a good...

Professional answer [ 1 Answers ]

A user emails the helpdesk requesting access to shared drive \\mnthyreportsclinic. This shared drive does not exist, however a shared drive \\monthlyreports does exist. Email the user requesting clarification.

Is this section about the Football or just US Football (Sort of Rugby) [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry but I am new here, and I am learning for my way around this web site. Don't mean to hurt anybody. I am just kind of lost. Simón T.

Another new Joke for Football Fans - from Chery [ 2 Answers ]

This is for all you football fans... An old married couple no sooner hit the pillows when the old Man passes Gas And says, "Seven Points." His wife rolls over and says, "What in the world was that?" The old man replied, "It's fart football."

Professional football equipment [ 2 Answers ]

Sirs, I have received the following request from a friend in Australia. Can you tell me where professional football teams buy equipment such as that described below or a web site that might give them the specifications they need? ... There has been a Petition done by all our neighbours who...

View more questions Search