Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    graham1436 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2005, 04:52 AM
    Bought new briggs 12 hp with no instructions (need Help)
    Had a 34 ton log splitter with 9 hp engine. Engine wore out. Went to place I bought the log splitter 5 years ago (Tractor Supply) and they recommended a B&S 12 hp replacement.

They had one left, the floor model. No manual, no key, nothing but the beautiful new engine no gas tank (which I didn’t notice). I was so excited about an engine with an electric start that I didn’t care about anything else.

The engine is now nicely attached to my log splitter and everything seems to fit fine. Only problem is there are three wires hanging out of the engine (one pair, one single) and I don’t know what to do with them.

I have tried almost all combinations of hooking the three wires up to ground and a 12V battery. All I get is lots of sparks. I’ve probably fried something.

ANY suggestions would be appreciated.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2005, 01:51 PM
    http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/.../allwiring.pdf
    This may help you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone explain these instructions? [ 3 Answers ]

Express the numbers listed to three significant figures, writing the numbers in the first column in normal notation and the numbers in the second column in powers of 10(scientific notation) Express in Three significant figures 0.524 15.08 1444 0.0254 83,909

I got the shaft when I bought a 94 ford probe [ 4 Answers ]

I recently bought a 94 ford probe from a private seller. The for sale sign said 40k on new engine. I bought the car the following week. The first time I drove I on the interstate it fell out of 5th gear. The next day the clutch went out.The "nice" lady who sold it to me did not tell of the trans...

How install a dishwasher? Just bought one [ 3 Answers ]

Just bought a dishwasher at homedepot for a really good price, what's involved with installation as I'll be doing this myself. Any pointers or a step by step? Thanks, lbrowne

Bought the car need advice ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I bought my 93 civic 100k mile The dealer did not offer free 3 month warranty I want to have more knowledge for maintaince, Any one could giveme advice? Thankd

View more questions Search