Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    egy_joe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 11:23 PM
    Extracting file in win rar
    When I extracting WinRAR it ask me for Volume file and I don't know where is Volume file to put it , anyone can help me :) ?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 12:22 AM
    This search shows several sites and should have your answer

extracting file in win rar - Google Search

Hope this helps -- Please let me know
    Zayne S Halsall Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

Jan 1, 2008, 01:59 AM
    Like many other archiving applications, WinRAR allows a set of compressed files to be split up into multiple archives (or "volumes", using WinRAR's terminology).

In all likelihood, when you are extracting the .rar file, it is looking for the next volume in the set - generally they will be named with extensions like .001, 002, etc. If you did not receive these volumes/files from your original source, then you may not be able to properly unarchive the RAR file... Perhaps you should revisit the source and look for any extra volumes that you can use.

If this information is unclear, or does not match your scenario, please update this post with more detail from your side - i.e. where you got the .rar file from; how you are attempting to open it; the *exact* error message, etc.

Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

File as married & self-employed: live in NY and do biz in Florida. Where do I file? [ 1 Answers ]

I moved to NY in the beginning of 2007. I am a freelance designer and I do business with clients in New York and Florida. I receive 1099s from my clients, both in New York and Florida, but i am not sure were do I have to file. Could you please clarify this for me? Thank you.

Extracting retirement monies [ 1 Answers ]

How does one go about extracting monies from an IRA account without being penalized?

Extracting Evidence [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I have an essay to complete regarding extracting evidence from a crime scene. I need to make up a case and process the information available to me in such a situation. I have to explain how I would extract the evidence from a person who has been subject to a vicious attack prior to their death...

Extracting a picture [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, this is what I need, I found a picture in the internet that I like, but instead of saving it, I just right clicked in it and saved it as a desktop background. Now I would like to save it in my pictures folders. But where in my PC the picture is? I almost forgot, the site from where I took...

View more questions Search