Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Dec 29, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Selling anything else besides candy
    For a high school, kids usually sell candy. This doesn't make a lot of money. Is there anything else that we could sell to raise money that teenagers would buy?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 08:58 PM
    There is a firm out of Florida that works with groups selling oranges; I looked at it a couple years ago. Since I am in a rural area, I didn't pursue it because I was not sure we could sell a truck load of citrus. This might go over really well.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Cleaning products were sold by some, they were doing scrap book supplies last year here. They do photo shoots ( they were nice we got them last year also)

But had your class worked on it, earlier you could have sold fire wood, if you wanted to. Or Chrstmass trees. Music downlods or something
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 29, 2007, 09:01 PM
    The Boy Scouts around here sell popcorn in all different shapes -- to microwave and already popped in canisters as regular popcorn, caramel corn, cheese corn, chocolate popcorn, etc.

Trail's End - America's Favorite Popcorn
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by happy711
    that teenagers would buy?
    I may be misunderstanding this, but you want something that a teenager would buy, correct? My high school used to have fund raising booths that we could purchase things from during lunch and after school, is this what you are thinking of? Or are you thinking of something more door to door, or something that their parents can take to work and sell to co-workers, etc.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 11:53 PM
    Krispy Kreme doguhnuts always did well in my school. No one ate lunch, but we ALL had doughnuts! :)

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Coffee - School Programs

Dec 30, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Not going door to door. Something to sell at lunch or in between classes that is easy to give out.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 11:33 AM
    My school did flowers at Valentine's Day too. You could buy a carnation for $2 and a rose for $3 or something like that. They took orders and money at lunch and delivered the flowers on Valentine's Day during 1st period.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 04:45 PM
    We had a booth at one point that was selling hamburgers, hot dogs and frito boats. That was a big hit. Also, some of our high school clubs would sell ice cream/popsicles, popcorn (I know that was mentioned before :p), our mexican heritage club sold burritos and tacos (yum!) and one club even had a booth full of baked goods like cookies, cupcakes, etc.
    DeniseAL Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2008, 01:49 PM
    You could get local businesses to give discounts which could be printed in to coupon books that students can sell.
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Mar 27, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Candles, friendship bracelets, homemade beaded jewelry, there are places online where you can buy cool stuff in bulk and sell it.

Mar 27, 2008, 03:24 PM
    If you were wondering, my school has decided to sell dale and thomas popcorn. It is popcorn with chocolate, carmel, white chocolate, peanuts... ext. But thanks for the suggestions; maybe next time we sell something I will come back to looking at these suggestions.
    raskinner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 01:58 PM
    We always did Otis Spunkmeyer cookies... they were always a huge hit even when we only had 10 minutes to sell them!! They are really easy to bake and sell, especially since you make them and then sell them when they are still hot!! There are a bunch of different kinds and the startup fees are pretty low... Otis Spunkmeyer - Welcome
    That's what I would do... maybe do milk also and hot cocoa with marshmallows during the winter... hope that help :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nostalgic candy [ 13 Answers ]

I've been wondering for a long time what this candy is called... it was in the early 80's, I think each piece was a circle, maybe pastel colored, fruity flavored but not overpowering, I think the texture was like the candy AirHeads. I'm also not sure if it's a foreign candy, but I have searched...

Candy canes [ 3 Answers ]

Look at a CANDY CANE, what do you see? Stripes that are RED like the BLOOD shed for me! WHITE for my Savior, Who's sinless and pure! "J" is for JESUS, My Lord that's for sure! Turn it around And a staff you will see --- Jesus, my SHEPHERD, Is coming for me!

Candy [ 1 Answers ]

Got any good easy candy rec. to make?

Looking for the name of a particular candy. [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone remember the name of this candy? It was a hard candy in a roll (like Life Savers) but without a hole in the middle. It came in Sour Cherry and another sour flavor like apple or something. I thought it may have been Reeds (same size and shape, etc) but I can only find that in...

View more questions Search