Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Johnny9546 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2005, 10:00 PM
    Shifting Duct in Basement
    I am new to the world of home ownership and have a question about shifting the main duct line in our basement. Currently the duct line runs down the center of the basement ceiling and we'd like to move it over 24" to achieve more head room. Unfortunately (for me) this requires a new piece of 59" 10x24 duct at approx. a 60 degree angle. Is there anything I should know before shifting the duct? Can I purchase the necessary metal ducting at the local hardware store?

Thank you for your time.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2005, 10:14 AM
    10''x24'' may be a little large to find on the shelve. Look. You might also measure up and draw a diagram and have a HVAC or tin shop build what you need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shifting problem [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse transmission. All of a sudden as u are driving, it jerks and drops you to low gear. It was already been rebuilt about 11 months ago, but now I am back at square 1. Does anyone know what the problem could be or do I just need to burn it? Also,...

Flexi Duct vrs Aluminum Duct [ 4 Answers ]

I am adding an addition onto my house. The local building inspector has already told me my HVAC unit is more than adequate in size to support the addition. The old duct vents are aluminum. Can or should I use flexi venting in the new part? What are the pros and cons of these two types of vent...

Transmission shifting problems [ 2 Answers ]

?? I have a 1994 chevy s-10 and we just replaced the filter and transmission fluid it will shift 2 times and no more what can it be?? I am so fed up with it please help me

Transmission shifting problem [ 2 Answers ]

:-/I have a 93 nissan sentra auto xsmn. Suddenly it won't shift out of the low (first) gear. Otherwise, the xsmn works fine. No strange noises and the fluid is OK. I'm wondering if a sensor would cause this? One mechanic said a xsmn replacement would be necessary! Sounds like overkill to me! ...

View more questions Search