Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bkaneweb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Plumbing elbow on plastic and metal pipes
    Is it possible to use the same plumbing elbow on plastic and metal pipes, or are they specially made for each type? Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 29, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bkaneweb
    Is it possible to use the same plumbing elbow on plastic and metal pipes, or are they specially made for each type? Thanks
    Pipe threads are uniformed. I have converted many a threaded galvanized pipe to PVC using a PVC thread to slip adapter. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plastic PVC Broken in Metal Pipe Joint [ 2 Answers ]

Was digging in the yard and broke the PVC pipe connected to a metal pipe inside the joint. The PVC and joint is 3/4 inch however the PVC is glued inside the metal and now I can't get the old PVC out of the metal joint to replace it. I don't have any tools to cut the metal pipe. Is there anything...

Connecting a metal shoe strainer to a plastic shoe elbow (bath drain). [ 1 Answers ]

I bought an "Ezy Touch Plastic Bath Drain" and I'm installing it in a new bathtub. Do I need to use the PVC tape around the metal shoe strainer to 'screw' it in the plastic shoe elbow?

Can't break old plumbing elbow loose [ 3 Answers ]

Replacing some line to install point of use water heater.. Have one old elbow that will not break loose. Is there some magic solution to help break the old seal?

Painting outside metal door with plastic muttens [ 1 Answers ]

Both my front and side doors are metal with plastic mutton bars on the outside. Both doors are currently painted white and I want to repaint them white. I am wondering whether I should paint the plastic muttons or just the metal door. If I don't paint the plastic, it may not be the same color...

Plastic vs metal pipes? - replacement [ 4 Answers ]

I am replacing the 1 1/2" OD thin metal piping underneath my kitchen faucet. It is corroded. My choices are to replace it with metal or plastic. Is one better than the other? Are there advantages/disadvantages of one versus the other. My intuition tells me to replace it with plastic...

View more questions Search