Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andrew69dj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Upgrading to Programmable Thermostat
    I'm having problems upgrading my Thermostat. I replaced a regular thermostat (2 wires), with a NOMA, 7-day Programmable Thermostat from Canadian Tire (52-2544-0)
    It's a high voltage, 120/240V AC, 60Hz, since it's for baseboard heating.

There is 2 main baseboards hooked directly to this unit, and I've checked that there is power to these '2' wires with a metre. Once it's hooked up, the time shows up along with the 'degrees's symbol, but nothing else! I've checked everything in the fuse box, but assume it wouldn't be anything there, since I do have some power.

This unit does not take batteries.

Any suggestions?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 09:58 AM
    First suggestion is to get rid of the NOMA thermostat. They are junk.

Next suggestion is to buy a Honeywell model and wire it per the instructions supplied with the thermostat.
    andrew69dj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew69dj
    I'm having problems upgrading my Thermostat. I replaced a regular thermostat (2 wires), with a NOMA, 7-day Programmable Thermostat from Canadian Tire (52-2544-0)
    It's a high voltage, 120/240V AC, 60Hz, since it's for baseboard heating.

There is 2 main baseboards hooked directly to this unit, and I've checked that there is power to these '2' wires with a metre. Once it's hooked up, the time shows up along with the 'degrees's symbol, but nothing else! I've checked everything in the fuse box, but assume it wouldn't be anything there, since I do have some power.

This unit does not take batteries.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks HVAC1000, but I have the NOMA at the moment and already tried replacing it, just in case it was faulty. It's something other than the thermostat. It has power to the thermostat, it has 2 baseboards hooked to it, so it's not that both died at once. I have no clue. I would have changed brands, if it wasn't a gift from the parents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Analog Thermostat with Non-Programmable Digital Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing Analog thermostat with White, Yellow, Red, & Black wiring with non-programmable digital thermostat Model #RTH3100C. Please help!!

Upgrading to a Hunter Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I'm upgrading from a Janitrol HPT 18-60 thermostat to a Hunter 44110 Thermostat. The wiring for the Janitrol is: Y = Yellow wire G = Green wire R = Red wire O = Orange wire W2 = White wire E = Black wire

Upgrading Digital Thermostat w/ Heat Pump & Gas Aux [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a recommendation for a new thermostat. I currently have an electric heat pump with gas backup and two-stage blower. The current thermostat is a very basic digital model ( White-Rodgers ) and is working properly, as far as I can tell. It works like this: Heating Mode:...

Problems upgrading programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I'm upgrading from an "unknown" older analog thermostat to a Honeywell RTH7400 programmable for our heat. The old thermostat had only two wires hooked up, red and green. This must be a single stage unit, since we have a separate thermostat to control A/C (heat pump). The heat is a gas furnace. ...

Upgrading to programmable ac/heating thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing an old thermostat for ac/heating. There are 5 wires red, white, orange, black, green. My new unit (Noma programmable thermostat). The instructions indicate points of connection using red, white, yellow, green. My confusion is, where do I connect orange and black, because there...

View more questions Search