Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trinichiq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2005, 06:44 PM
    Dry sensitive skin.. Help!!
    I have really really sensitive and dry skin.I use vitamin e oil as a moisturizer,but sometimes I just want a cream that lasts at least 8 hours,but I have not found that yet.Any suggestions?! (not to mention that I have eczema too!)
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Dec 29, 2005, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trinichiq
    i have really really sensitive and dry skin.i use vitamin e oil as a moisturizer,but sometimes i just want a cream that lasts at least 8 hours,but i have not found that yet.Any suggestions??!!(not to mention that i have eczema too!)
    One good moisturizer would be Cetaphil. It is good for ichthyosis(scaling of the skin) & another would be Lacticare lotion 2.5%. Good for very sensitive skin. I have partly dry skin especially on the calves & ankles so what I do is use a regular lotion then top it off with Nivea skin cream. That way the moisture of the lotion is trapped by the cream. It has a greasy after feel though so best applied at night.
    jacki1982 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2006, 02:24 AM
    i have really really sensitive and dry skin.i use vitamin e oil as a moisturizer,but sometimes i just want a cream that lasts at least 8 hours,but i have not found that yet.Any suggestions??!!(not to mention that i have eczema too!)

Try L'Oreal's Nutrisoft -24HR-
    I have the normal to dry skin, and oh my! My skin is so soft and so velvety. You can try the white bottle, dry to very dry I think. You can also try the green one first, but if it's still dry. Use the white one. Aside from using lotions that has vitamin e, try taking vitamin e as well
    white_bod Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Placenta cream which you can get with your dermatologist

And oily of olay has had a loyal following
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2006, 06:25 AM
    From personal use I can recommend E45 Cream.

E45 Cream has been clinically proven to treat and soothe dry, itching, flaking, chapped, rough and calloused skin, sunburn and detergent hands. It really does work!!

My whole family uses the stuff, have done for years - with great effect!

Try here: http://www.e45.com
    Sunni Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2006, 07:03 AM
    Hi Trinichiq! I have made a face oil that works wonders. It is good for dry skin, and helps to controls blemishes. The recipe title is called anti-wrinkle oil. I have used it for 3 years everyday under my make up. It's not greasy and it smells so good, and it's made with essential oils. If you'd like the recipe, let me know. By the way, a 1 oz. bottle will last you about a whole year!
    MISSIBAYBE Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Mar 28, 2007, 04:19 PM
    I use Clinque's Repair Day Cream. My mom recommended it to me. She's used it for over 30 years and she still looks very young. I have very very dry and itchy skin. In the morning when I wash my face, my skin feels soooooooooo soft. I can't go a day without putting the cream on. And it helps you look younger! Start now! The bottle will last you more than 7 months.
    Yenoh Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Mar 29, 2007, 06:10 PM
    COCONUT OIL - I swear by this stuff, however it is only good for the night. It may or may not be too heavy for you to use on your skin during the day. Just get it from your grocery store for $3. It soothes eczema and irritation. Just GOOGLE it and you'll see the different benefits.
    Y
    Klaipeda Posts: 203, Reputation: 2

Nov 14, 2009, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trinichiq View Post
    Try not to wipe your face and body after washing, leave little moist then put the moisturizer on then. Creams with shea butter, aloe, vit e are good
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Nov 15, 2009, 05:30 AM

A good moisturiser for sensitive skin, I would recommend Simple. They have a wide range of products specially formulated for folks with sensitive skin. They have eye creams, cleansers, lotions, etc.
    PlaneJane Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2010, 09:58 AM
    I have severe sensitive skin and similar issues like dry, flaky and irritating skin (red spots to boot). Especially when I shave or use lotion, touch or even look at my skin wrong. Not to mention I have a beautiful case of acne that plagues my face. I have tried multiple things and finally a dermatologist (my fourth one) recommended something that halfway worked. He gave me some samples and I use it everyday now. This is the best stuff I have tried so far. Its called Soothing Balm or Soothe, anyway the website is horrible, confusing and not extremely informative. However, I strongly suggest giving it a try. The website is solaroarmour.com, and don't run once you see it. It is well worth the money for what it does.
    PS - if someone from this company reads this, you need to hire me because your marketing stinks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sensitive or Insensitive? [ 18 Answers ]

What do you consider yourself to be? What do you consider others in general? Which is worse?

Skin help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all, I am white and I have a black husband, he is the only one I have ever been with but my son came out just as white as me, it kind of made me sad because I love my husbands color, is there anything I can do to darken my son up and have it stay that way? Please help! People question my...

Skin [ 9 Answers ]

I have bumps on my legs and it isn't razor burn. Do you have and suggestions to what it is or how to get rid of it fast? :confused:

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

Dry Skin [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older female Dachsund and her skin tends to get extremely dry. What product would work to help keep her skin normal or what product should she take to help this problem. :)

View more questions Search