Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slowell Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Clothes stink after wash
    I have a washer that when I get done washing cloths they stink like mold we have bleached the washer a couple of times and it hasn't helped any ideas what we can do?
    wayne0418 Posts: 51, Reputation: 9

Dec 29, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Try washing with 20 mule boraxe in your regulare wash loads. You can get it in the laundry ieal.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Mine did that from the kids doing a load of wash and letting it sit in the machine for too long. What I did was put bleach in the machine with a tub full of water and let it run through a whole cycle... put in a few items so that there will be something in there.. I used a couple of old sheets that I did not mind throwing away. You could also give vinegar a try. I went heavy on the bleach... if I tried vinegar I would use at 2 cups. Leave up the lid after use to let air dry.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Most of the time clothes smell if they are left in washer to long

I think filling washer with water and bleach should do the job

Letting it soak and agitating it a couple times may help more

Then complete the cycle to get rid of the smell

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relaxers stink! [ 6 Answers ]

Ok... Im mixed black and white... My hair use to be really curly and then I got a relaxer... When I got the relaxer it made it so my hair isn't curly anymore and it just looks stupid... I have to wear my hair straightened all the time now... I was wondering if there is a way I could get a perm to...

My dogs stink! [ 31 Answers ]

Hello fellow dog lovers, I have a pair of 7 year old Pekingnese dogs that I got from the SPCA last June. They have dry skin and do the itchy-scratchy thing that we are still trying to diagnose. Just finished the special super-expensive prescription dog food only 6 week trial, etc. Although...

Logarithms stink [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone that knows how to solve logarithms would be able to help me solve log2(x+2) the second two is the base. I know most of the rules I just can't seem to get the right answer. :eek:

Clothes Washer out of 2 year storage, clothes are not smelling too good [ 6 Answers ]

I know this probably has something to do with water intake, I just wanted to get everyone's recommendations on this. I had my clothes washer in storage for a couple of years and it appeared that we didn't get all of the water out before we stored it. Now when we wash clothes, there is...

Stink in bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

Our bathroom has a foul odor coming from it. We have done all the required troubleshooting that we know of. We have no clog or hair in drain but asmell is coming from under the sink. It's almost like it is in the cabinet below the sink. We are on a slab and have pulled the shelf up and nothing is...

View more questions Search