Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xileup Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 09:19 AM
    OK.PSYCHO boyfriend!
    For those of you who read my earlier question "Jealous boyfriend, cheating girlfriend", thanks for your answers. I talked with my boyfriend already, and I let him know how much his jealousy was bothering me. However, he thinks that there is absolutely nothing wrong with him being so jealous this time around, being that all his ex girlfriends all cheated on him, including myself about 6 months ago. He thinks that it's all right for him to want to control my every move because that way he's going to be sure that I won't cheat on him again and that he feels comfortable like that. I told him that it's very unhealthy for our relationship and that I want to work things out for the best of everything. I even suggested going to a therapist to get professional advice on how to control his anger when he's jealous and how to control his jealousy. That didn't go well at all! He got furious and said that he would never go "to those people" because he's not crazy. I explained that psychologists aren't just for people that have mental difficulties, but to consult with people and give advice. My boyfriend still refuses to seek for any counseling help, but I feel like our relationship is coming to an end. I don't want that to happen and neither does my boyfriend. He agrees that he is way too jealous and that he wants to help himself to control it, but doesn't know how. What can I do to help him (and myself) deal with this whole issue? How can we work this out without the need of a therapist?? PLEASE HELP!
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Dec 29, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Break up? Or at least separate for a short period. Here's why:

Jealousy is a sign of insecurity. He's not happy with himself as he could be. He doesn't know himself too well. He doesn't love himself at all. The only way he can learn these things, is by being alone and getting to know himself first.

In all honesty, jealousy isn't something that you can just snap your fingers and make it go away. Counceling probably IS the best solution if you want to try to stay together and work through it. I wouldn't be shocked to hear the councelor ask you guys to separate and have no contact for 2-3 weeks though.

EDIT: Oh... you cheated on him. OK nm, the relationship is doomed. Trust is lost and can never be replaced. You need trust for a relationship to work. No trust? No relationship.
    wayne0418 Posts: 51, Reputation: 9

Dec 29, 2007, 09:32 AM
    I won't cheat on him again?

If you had sex with anouther person whill you wher with him. IT Isn't JEALOUSE! Look it sounds like the relation ship is over for some time. It is hard to ever forget that someone you love betrayed you. He may never forgive or forget. It isent jealouse it 's ANGER!
    Craig80 Posts: 36, Reputation: 7

Dec 29, 2007, 09:36 AM
    I have to agree with wayne in some way, if you cheated on him you must see the seriousness in that.. you probably hurt him real bad, and the fact that he's been cheated on before really makes this even worse. Like I was told in my other thread: once you've actually started being suspicious about your partners every moves it's sort of... too late. Chances are he will never trust you and you on the other hand of course can't stay in a relationship with someone who has to try to control you to make it all work, cause that won't do it's trick.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 09:36 AM
    "he wants to help himself to control it, but doesn't know how." Not. He needs to hear this from someone other than you. He appears to be refusing help, otherwise.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2007, 11:51 AM
    I'm sorry, but I think this relationship is over and ended the day you cheated. At least it would have been if I had been in his shoes. I very rarely say this but I think it's time to break up so that each of you can move on into other and (hopefully) healthier relationships.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Sorry, your looking for the easy way out, and that won't work. He will say anything for you to stay, and do nothing to help this unhealthy relationship get better, and you sure can't since you are as unhealthy as he is. GET OUT and GET HEALTHY.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 03:39 PM
    It takes a long time to build trust , but it only takes suspicion , not facts to destroy it.

Sorry but with no trust a relationship can never last.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Neither of you wants it enough to do what it takes, forget it.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 01:52 AM
    You better get out. Once you cheated on someone who is a Jelouse person. He will never trust you..

I would leave. Because he won't froget that and will never trust you.. if women keep cheating on him. He is going for the wrong typ

Regards

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I a psycho ? [ 12 Answers ]

Well I think many of you will hate me :( I'm 31y , married to a very very nice person who loves me more than any one or any thing but I cheated him .I knew someone else and to be honest some times I can't be sure I love him any way we are in this relation for more than 7 years now . I love my...

Psycho Kinesis [ 5 Answers ]

All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand.:p

My roommate is PSYCHO! I need out! [ 4 Answers ]

So me and my 2 best friends moved in with their older sister about 4 months ago and were on a one year lease. Soon after we moved in together we figured out that she is IMPOSSIBLE to live with. I won't get into details but we pretty much hate her and we want to get out ASAP. We went and talked to...

Am I psycho? [ 1 Answers ]

I have confersations with people in my head that are not really. I then have trouble interracting with these people because of the conversations in my head that are not real. Is this normal? How can I control my feelings so that I don't over analize these things that are not real to begin with?

View more questions Search