Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hedieh Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Norethisterone for delay period
    I start using norethisterone 5MG to delay my period last week as using it 3 time a day.I still getting light brown discharge now & then after a week using them,can anybody tell me why
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 29, 2007, 11:10 AM
    If you are continuing to bleed, this needs to be reported to your doctor as this can be an adverse reaction to the medication. You are taking it strictly to delay your period? AND taking it 3 times a day? 15mg per day is the maximum amount allowable.

Please contact your prescriber to report the bleeding.
    hedieh Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 03:57 PM
    I use 5mg of it,3times a day,I isn't having brown discharge all day I just have it now & then,I used that pills before & was great,just this time I have a bit of light brown discharge.ii had brown discharge few months ago that was start 1 week after my period finished & continued till my period start,I've been to dcotor,I had test,it was infection,so I used 1 pill for that to clear my infection then after 4 days of using that tablet,I start using these tablet to stop my period
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 29, 2007, 04:35 PM
    As I stated, this can be a side effect of this medication and it is advised that you contact your prescriber.
    jessicaakers Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2008, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hedieh
    i start using norethisterone 5MG to delay my period last week as using it 3 time a day.i still getting light brown discharge now & then after a week using them,can anybody tell me why
    I was wondering if norethisterone is expensive? I'm going to see my boyfriend soon and don't want to be on my period and heard about that pill. Should I do it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Delay in monthly period [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please help me, my age is 28, not married, previously I use to get my montly periods normal on date but past few months after my doctor have given me the tonic tablet to take for 3 months after stoping that tablet, my monthly period is delay by one month or one & half month, and because of...

Period delay [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting married next week... n aim getting my periods exactly on the same day.. is there any safe tablet I can take to delay my periods without any side effects. Or IS thr anything I can have to delay my periods! Plsssssss help!!

Can I Delay My Period ? [ 1 Answers ]

HELP!! I am going camping for 3 days.. when I am due for my period and there is no toilets so we have to go to the bathroom in the bush... What can I do!! Is there anyway I can delay my period?

View more questions Search