Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sturoc Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2005, 04:11 PM
    nero
    Hi,
    When using Nero 6.6 to burn cd's I encounter distortion on certain passages : piano ,vocals etc. The levels are all good when trk is created -wav or mp3.
    And the only time the distortion occcurs is on play back of the burned CD.
    Now, While using Win Media player's genric Roxio burn program (very bare bones and only burns at 2x) trks come through on CD clean.
    I have used slowest burn setting w/ Nero and thinking it is something in the program my PC doesn't like.
    Tried these already:
    reinstall w/ updates
    slowed burn speed to mininum
    different media
    lowered levels -though for sure not the problem
    PC: P II 266mhz with all updates in W2Kpro
    I love all of Nero for it's editing and user features I wouldn't want to dump it.
    Stu
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 28, 2005, 04:51 PM
    Do you have anything else running in the background while burning? I know you probably don't use a screensaver, but even if you have a messenger, or email notification app on and it's active during burning, this could be the problem. When I burn, I turn everything else off that's not needed, including my modem. Hope this helps, good luck.

Another Nero Fan!
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2005, 05:46 PM
    Nero!
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with NERO.
    It is just first class.

Most likely the reason for the distortion is the quality of the CDs you are
    Purchasing.
    CDs have gotten to be a very good buy lately.
    I would recommend you buy the MOST expensive.
    They are usually the best.

Rolcam.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 28, 2005, 05:52 PM
    CD soundtrack quality.
    The Nero manual also mentioned something about the jitter correction feature, check it out, it might help. And yes, NERO is the best! Even if it is made in Germany.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nero iso... [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to make an ISO file without burning it using nero... because I want to burn ISO with text doc... And if you are in DOS and there's a CD containing ISO in CD-ROM and your type dir/w what will you see... :confused:

DVD burning using nero... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi can you explain me how to make a DVD cd... most of the DVD cd the I've seen there's some menu to choose like per chapter, play the movie etc... and in nero when you choose DVD cd there are two folders the audio and the video why... :confused:

Nero [ 4 Answers ]

I have nero 5 v5.5.4.0. and all I want to do is burn an avi onto a cd as a avi. So far when I try to burn it to cd the cd's don't work anywhere... how do I burn it onto cd? Thanks

Nero VisionXpress [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to make a SVCD slideshow in V xpress.Preview shows everything is good. But when burned to disc, menu just plays on and title buttons do not respond or even hilite. BUT when disc is first load into player and you hit the forward button before menu pops up it jumps rite to show but this is...

Nero [ 2 Answers ]

I have nero 5 v5.5.4.0. and all I want to do is burn an avi onto a cd as a avi. So far when I try to burn it to cd the cd's don't work anywhere... how do I burn it onto cd? Thanks

View more questions Search