Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RANI1987 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 09:37 PM
    My Mom and dad
    Hi,Iam rani.Working as an Accountant in Security Services.I done my B.Com Computers .And I am the college first student. My Parents loves me a lot.My mummy wants me to listen to her words and she doesn't wants my opinion.If I rejects to her words she thinks that I am not respecting her and I don't love her.So in this situtaion I am supposed to listen all the words what she says and I should bow to her.But my soul is not accepting to all that which I don't like . I want a suggestion from u how to receive all these things.And I am losing myself confident day by day.
    wayne0418 Posts: 51, Reputation: 9

Dec 28, 2007, 09:52 PM
    You are loved you are beautiful, you are smart.
    As a new father in the past 3 years to four kids. Now 17, 11, 6, and3 let me tell you!!
    AHHHHHHHHHHH! The 3 older kids came with the marrige. What a mind blower. The oldes is one of thouse guys when I was in school I normaly called a jerk, know as his figure of hatred and lothing a try to tell him things to help him. Sorry!

Lisen to what your mouther says. Is she trying to help? Is it good advice?
    I tell my kids no sex no drugs, no alcohool!!
    If she says to do theas things then don't do them. If she is saying look I have dune that and it was awfull, or hay becarefull then lisen. As parens we don't have all the ansers but we can tell you of what we know. Remember you are loved, you are smart, and you are beautiful!
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Here's a trick that might work for you. First, if your mother is giving you advice, not imposing rules, that you don't agree with, tell her something like "Thanks... I appreciate your input. Let me think about that for a bit." And then actually think about it at some point. I doubt that you disagree with everything that she says. So, at some point you go back and say "You know... I tried doing X like you said, and it really did work well. Thanks." Now, X may have been only 1% of the advice that she gave you, but it will let her know that you are listening to her. And once she feels like you are listening to her, then you may be able to slide some advice back to her. "I tried X, that you suggested, and it really worked, but I found that if I did Y as well, it worked even better."

On the other hand, if she is actually trying to impose rules on you that you don't agree with (You must be home by 8 pm weekdays, for example), then you either need to follow those rules, or move out and support yourself, at which point you will be able to make your own rules.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2007, 10:14 AM
    How old are you, and where are you from? Also what type of advice is it you disagree with?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 07:48 AM
    I agree with Froggy, but also when she does give you good advice make sure to point it out to her and add what and why you don't think her advice that you don't agree with won't work.
    Like "Mom that was a really good idea to.........because I can see where it would work for my situation, but I think the..........won't work in this instance because A.......B.......,......"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search