Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silent Breeze Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Dec 28, 2007, 01:47 PM
    I cant study!
    I can't seem to get myself to study!
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 28, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Pick a set time every day to study. Make up a schedule so that you are spending time on every subject, and more time on the subjects that are harder for you. Tell your friends to not call or come over during this time.
    Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water and exercising before you study. Sometimes going for a walk or doing some yoga or something before studying can make it easier to concentrate.
    But, it sounds like you have tried that and it isn't helping. Is there a friend who is studying for the same finals? Maybe you could arrange to get together and study. Use flashcards, quiz each other, etc. One thing that used to help me was doing 'practice tests'. I would go through the stuff I had trouble remembering and make up a practice test on the computer. Then, after studying, I would take the test, see how I did, and spend more time on the questions I missed. Doing a little quiz every day helped me get ready for my exam.
    Did your teacher give you a study guide? It helps to go through your past tests and quizzes too. Good luck!

Dec 28, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peggyhill
    Pick a set time every day to study. Make up a schedule so that you are spending time on every subject, and more time on the subjects that are harder for you. Tell your friends to not call or come over during this time.
    Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water and exercising before you study. Sometimes going for a walk or doing some yoga or something before studying can make it easier to concentrate.
    But, it sounds like you have tried that and it isn't helping. Is there a friend who is studying for the same finals? Maybe you could arrange to get together and study. Use flashcards, quiz each other, etc. One thing that used to help me was doing 'practice tests'. I would go through the stuff I had trouble remembering and make up a practice test on the computer. Then, after studying, I would take the test, see how I did, and spend more time on the questions I missed. Doing a little quiz every day helped me get ready for my exam.
    Did your teacher give you a study guide? It helps to go through your past tests and quizes too. Good luck!
    Thank you, but I have tried it, I have tried everything you suggested and its not working :( I studied really hard for my midterms but I can't seem to do the same thing now. It gets really annoying cause I have a lot of things to study not enough time. I had two weeks break to study but I couldn't, now I have another two and then the exam. No, my teacher didn't give me a study guide.
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

Dec 28, 2007, 02:33 PM
    I am a college honor student and have trouble studying too! I don't know how I do it, but I have so far. I am completely unorganized, lack self discipline, and have no structure to my day, although I try! I have read the books, took others advise, and wrote out a schedule... NOTHING WORKED! I was still falling behind and my grades were reflecting my lack of "control". I struggle with this every semester, but I don't give up. I believe my problem is PROCRASINATION! It may very will be your problem too?

Studying and organization comes easy to some and I envy those people, but it doesn't to me! I learned that all the books and that wonderful advice is by those people. I am not one of those people, so it doesn't work for me! So I tried my own thing...

Here is my suggestions,

Do what is comfortable for you! ---Study when your eating, watching TV, on net, The Perfect Study place is the BATHROOM! Funny I know, but really it is!

Don't think in the "I HAVE TO" tone! ---Study because you want to... you want the better grade, etc

Ask yourself what you expect to get from this class---If it is a requirement it can be harder to get motivated about that class, but You just got to pass it to move on... So just tell yourself... "This is only one class, when it is over, it is over, and I can move on to something I enjoy"

Study in small doses------Study 20 minutes here and 10 minutes there... that way you don't feel overwhelmed or "stuck" studying all day

Try this and see if it helps, if not... I am sure you can come up with something!

DON'T GIVE UP!!

God Loves You!

Dec 28, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteladybug2002
    I am a college honor student and have trouble studying too!! I don't know how I do it, but I have so far. I am completely unorganized, lack self discipline, and have no structure to my day, although I try! I have read the books, took others advise, and wrote out a schedule............NOTHING WORKED!! I was still falling behind and my grades were reflecting my lack of "control". I struggle with this every semester, but I don't give up. I believe my problem is PROCRASINATION!! It may very will be your problem too?

Studying and organization comes easy to some and I envy those people, but it doesn't to me! I learned that all the books and that wonderful advice is by those people. I am not one of those people, so it doesn't work for me! So I tried my own thing.........

Here is my suggestions,

Do what is comfortable for you! ---Study when your eating, watching tv, on net, The Perfect Study place is the BATHROOM!! funny I know, but really it is!!

Don't think in the "I HAVE TO" tone! ---Study because you want to....you want the better grade, etc

Ask yourself what you expect to get from this class---If it is a requirement it can be harder to get motivated about that class, but You just got to pass it to move on.......So just tell yourself...."This is only one class, when it is over, it is over, and I can move on to something I enjoy"

Study in small doses------Study 20 mins here and 10 mins there........that way you don't feel overwhelmed or "stuck" studying all day

Try this and see if it helps, if not.............I am sure you can come up with something!!

DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!

God Loves You!
    Thank you so much, you helped a lot by showing me I am not the only person going through this madness. I don't know what to do, but I will try what you said, I've heard people telling me they study in the bathroom but I never tried it :p I will try all the other suggestions as well. I just really need to study, my finals are in two weeks I REALLY need to get myself on the right road!
    Thanks again.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2007, 04:40 PM
    I don't mean to come across mean here, but, it is a lack of self disipline. You must make yourself study.
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Dec 31, 2007, 03:33 PM
    I also have trouble studying but what helps me is if I have to read notes or memorize something, I sing it in a tune and when the test comes I just think of the song
    samsunghere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2011, 01:12 PM
    Getting rid of boredom, or tiredness. Here is what you can do if your energy has taken a brief vacation.

http://layman-blog.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-fight-against-tiredness-and.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Study in the US [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I am studying in India and I am in my 11th grade. I wanted to study in the united states and I am not clear about the procedures to be followed. Can anyone tell me what I must do to prepare for my "scholastic aptitude tests"?.

How do I study? [ 13 Answers ]

I am in grade 11, and I have a quiz tomorrow. I get easily distracted, so I usually do badly on exams. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to keep myself focused, and do good on tests. Any advice or help is great... thanks!:o

Study help [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good methods of studying for Science? ( like earth science ) I really need to get my grades up. Thanks for the help. :cool:

View more questions Search