Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deanmom Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 28, 2007, 11:44 AM
    How do I move out of the USA?
    I realize that this will be a controversial discussion. I am not mad at the government or anything like that. I have a very "global" perspective on life and would like to experience life in other cultures.

My main questions are:

How do I find work in other countries? (I am a network admin)
    Should I apply for citizenship or a work visa?
    If more education is necessary for an international job; should I go to college in the US or in the country that I want to work?

Facts:

I am married
    23 yrs old (wife is 21)
    Two children: 1yr and 4yrs
    No college education but some professional certifications.

Countries that are being considered:

England, Norway, Germany, France, Sweden.

Obviously language is an issue. I am taking steps now to learn these languages,

Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2007, 12:14 PM
    One of your questions that I can answer right now, and that would be in order to find work as a Network Administrator, you could start by doing the following kind of search. Network Administrator Jobs United Kingdom - Google Search
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 28, 2007, 12:17 PM
    I don't see how this would be a controversial issue.

I suggest doing some heavy research to decide what country would suit your families needs and lifestyle the best. Also, which areas have a commerce in which you could obtain work. Once you narrow it down, research that area's laws concerning visas and work requirements.
    The countries being considered have their own languages, cultures and laws, so you'll have to find out what each requires before you apply for visas or anything else.

A college education (in any country) is valuable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to move on? [ 11 Answers ]

Well this is the first time I'm using this forum so hello everyone.. I've read a lot of other threads and other peoples pain and this is my story and I hope someone can help me. Im 16, in high school (I know I'm young and all people say to me ohh its not the end of the world and you'll find...

I want them out before they move in! [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Sarasota Fl. I recently was to share half of my house to a lady and her daughter. They have not actually moved in yet (still another week). There is no lease or contract or anyting of the sort and we have exchanged no money at all. Problem is, she had a dog and 2 cats that she swore...

How to move on. [ 1 Answers ]

So, my ex finally gave me his answer last night about whether he waned to get back together with me. He said that he is half way in decidiing. Well, he chose no as the yes or no answer because he does not know if it will work out. I totally see where he is coming from, he does not want to take...

How to move on [ 1 Answers ]

I figured I would ask this better early then late. My girlfriend of about a little more than a year just broke up with me an hour ago. We had been having problems, were going to stay together, than broke up. Our whole relationship there has been one thing haunting us, which has been my past. I...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search