Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottifhpiper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Bluetooth Dongle
    Hi

Don't know if I am in the right part to see if some one can help me.

I have just got my bluetooth dongle and I have put in the cd and dongle and uploaded it. It has said that it has uploaded okay. But when I go to send a file and right click to send by bluetooth and when I searvh device it says there is no device to be found. My bluetooth is on but still nothing

Can you help
    Zayne S Halsall Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

Jan 1, 2008, 11:59 AM
    In order to attempt to answer your question I will unfortunately need to make assumptions based on my estimated translation of your post. My assumptions are the following:

• the operating system you are using is Windows, most likely XP;
    • you have purchased and installed a USB Bluetooth dongle, using the CD software provided;
    • the device you are trying to get your PC to communicate with via Bluetooth is your mobile phone/PDA;
    • when you say your Bluetooth "is on", you mean either the software on your PC or the dongle itself gives you some sort of indication of this.

Now, hoping these assumptions are anywhere approaching the reality of your situation, my recommendations would be the following:

• first make sure both the software on your PC and your phone/PDA/device has Bluetooth enabled (I know, I know - doh, but you never know);
    • make sure both the PC software and the device are advertising their availability - most devices need this in order to detect each other;
    • both ends of the connection may need to be "authenticated", usually by the means of a code/pin/password entered on both pieces of software.

Should all/none of the information provided above make any sense or not apply to your situation, please update this thread with more information relevant to your situation, so that anyone trying to help you can make more informed suggestions.

Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet via bluetooth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I have a motorola v550 with bluetooth+bluetooth dongle+desktop PC Running on winxp. Guys I need to connect to the Internet that I'm using on the v550. Ialso have opera9 loaded on my PC. In idiots terms How do I do it. Thanks Guys

Bluetooth dongle? [ 2 Answers ]

Are bluetooth dongles specific to particular devices or is any dongle compatible with anybluetooth device?

Bluetooth not working [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got a bluetooth but when I insert it in my usb jac it need a driver but my operating system hasn't got the driver for that usb bluetooth . I am running windows xp and I don't have any driver cd with the bluetooth. Please help

View more questions Search